Tranquillity

.. to me means a disposition free from stress; a state of calmness and peace which up to now, I am still slacking. I've yet to reach this 100% stress less level but this Royal Albert Tranquility teacup up for sale sometimes last year just excites me!.. And of course that is another happy episode each time I found one cup that I thought beautiful!..

Like any teacup collectors, I was asked few times, why do I collect trios or duos instead of full teaset. Welp, I know having lots of complete tea sets just awesome, but keeping them all in one place and the space needed is what I lack off!..

Furthermore, I practice the concept of mix and match and Shabby chic where wear and tear just add charm to the interiors. I don't wanna stress myself when it comes to my collections.. thinking where to keep, how to keep in my quaint cottage.. teehee.. :D

So, best way is to collect either trios or duos.. It started with a set or two but old habits die hard and I get lost counting! hehehe In my two cents thought duos or trios are much more cheaper and easier to maintain when comes to the monetories , space and cleaning issues! At least I can have many shapes, patterns, design, type of teacups in my collection!

Furthermore, any table settings with mix and match teacups, are just stunning! I know some people would against this but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. :-) Very subjective! :-)

Anyhow, I really like the simple shape of Gainsborough footed cup
with scrolly saucer and abundance of pink roses on the cup.

Even the colours are just lovely! Pink, Green, Blue and Gray.. gives you the cottagey feeling!.

I read from the Royal Albert Pattern website,
this cup was first introduced in late 60s and no more in production starting 2001.
So, I guess mine could be a vintage one..

I hope you enjoy the photos and I have to get back to my work..


Don't forget to visit Martha & Terri, Sandy, Cindy, Beverly,
for more beautiful posts!

till then!
Adieu!
xo
fitty

23 comments:

Susan said...

Fitty, I love Royal Albert China in any pattern! This tranquility pattern is exceptionally beautiful!

Gee said...

salam fitty,

memang cantik tranquility ni..sweet, kan dan sejuk mata memandang. akak blm ade pattern ni lagi.

♥ Miss Tea said...

so pretty!! i love the teacup and the saucer, i also dont collect a full set though it's nice but I lack the space to put for it and mix and match tea cups are just lovely!

Kim Hanauer said...

Hi Fitty,
I found you on Beverly`s Pink Saturday blog. Lovely teacups and I love pink too! I have been collecting teacups and teapots for a long while. There`s nothing like being surrounded by beauty! Thanks for sharing your photos.
Blessings~
Kim
P.S. I am your newest follower.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have only a few pieces of Royal ALbert china, but I love it. I enjoy setting a table with a different teacup at each place setting.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Absolutely lovely! And thanks for visiting my Teacup Tuesday post. I hadn't visited you before...so nice to meet you! A new teacup friend!
Ruth

Terri said...

Oh my! Tranquility really is a gorgeous pattern! That cup is so sweet and romantic, can you imagine an entire china set of it???
I love that you go after beauty.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

My dear Fitty, you have shared with us yet another lovely teacup! I love the cottagey look of it too! I agree with you about mixing patterns on a table. It looks much more charming that way! Thank you for sharing and coming to tea. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marianne C. said...

Lovely cup/saucer, Fitty. I, too, think the colors and style are charming. Sets are very nice to have, but mixed/matched can make the eye dance with wonder and fun.

Happy days,
Marianne

Pellie / Penny said...

I love your Royal Albert pattern it is so beautiful.
Tranquility and Tea sounds like the perfect combo.

Hugs,
Penny

ShabbyESP said...

The teacup is so pretty!!!
I love it!!!
Suzann

Heirlooms For You said...

They really are so sweet. I love a cup here and a cup there. Love the good stuff but there is also a lot of beauty in some well known ones to. Thanks for sharing. Carol

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Fitty,
What beautiful dainty little flowers on this sweet tea cup and saucer!! Just stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Denise said...

Fitty,Came by to have a cup of tea with you today.I enjoyed your post and your pretty teacup.Yes,I agree tea tables set with mix and match settings and cups are fantastic.

Tara said...

I love setting at table with mix-matching china! I think it is beautiful too! This is such a nice cup, it reminds me of the 'September Song' tea cup. This one is really beautiful!

Diann said...

I couldn't agree more on the subject of mixing and matching. I just love it! this teacup and saucer are so pretty and delicate looking. What a lovely set to show us!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Fitty: I agree with you mix and match is always the best. The Tranquility pattern is so beautiful. I know I have said this to you before, I would love to visit your home and have tea. Wish we lived closer. Have a wonderful week dear friend. Blessings, Martha

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I love to mix and match too!!! Want to win some cash? Come by and enter my GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY…ends 2/13!
Blessings,
Linda

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love Royal Albert china. Yours is beautiful!

Lindy said...

What a beautiful china pattern!!!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Have just started collecting trios and am learning a lot from your blog - you have a great collection!
Liz

Linda said...

I really like your tea cup it is very pertty. I like going eclectic;last Tues. our ladies Bible study had a lunch. And I chose to decorate. I had two different tea for one pots. I used a gold foil dollie, candle holder, and I had two dishes with pale green poka dot ribbons that weaved in and out of the glass dish lip that had holes all the way around. Then I filled each dish with sea shells and used a plastic pale yellow table cloth. I received so many compliments on the table scape. I enjoy doing things like that. Please enter me in your really cute heart, and pink ribbons and dollies giveaway. thank you I am enjoying your web page.

Unknown said...

This is also lovely I haven't seen any with grey on and I like it. I am in the same boat as you I love trios as well and to have guest with lots of lovely different cups sounds perfect to me

Love Dawn xx

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.