The 'Petite' Me..

Petite in French means small and to some of you who have met me in person, Petite described me so well in size.. {right?! No?} teehee.. and finding clothes for myself always a problem {not an issue} and same goes to shoes. teehee.. Anyway, Petite is just a noun.. even tho' I am small in size but always big at heart! teehee..
Anyhow, forget about the Petite size girl me cause I have to thank Monica for this beautiful Petite Trios that I received from her. I seriously never dream of getting this dream trio especially after I read the history of the set. This is really an old pretties and to those who has them in complete set are just so lucky!

The first time I saw this set was from Lynn.. she shared in one of her posts and it took my breath away when I saw her collection! all so beautiful, the pink swirly, scallopy shape of the set with roses on it! Such an eye candy! I remember my jaw drop and heart beat skips many times! No kidding! I got to reread her post many times!

Then I saw this set again in one of my blog hopping.. and told myself, to look for one no matter how! and as lucky as can be, I found this trio not for one but two sets and no words could described how happy I was when I saw the set first time in real life!

Even tho' the sets came with wear and tear, I don't really mind! coz set as charming as this and as rare as this, must be grabbed without much hesitation!

I wish I know the history of Myott, but not much I can find from the Net. But I do know Myott has so many designs and patterns and very well known during the Art Deco era.

However, I am so grateful that I could find this set and with the pink and roses, just so perfectly 'Petite'! teehee..

Just look how beautiful the rose band is!suit the name!
Lovely!

So happy people, I hope you like the photos and please don't forget to visit Cindy, Beverly, Martha & Terri for more beautiful posts!

Last but not least, I wish Happy New Year to all happy readers!
Hope this year 2011 would bring more of good health and prosperity..
See ya again in next writing.
Adieu!
xo
fitty

31 comments:

Susan said...

Happy New Year to you, Fitty! Your teacups are very pretty. Susan

The Tablescaper said...

Such a lovely trio.

Happy New Year.

- The Tablescaper

mo said...

Happy New Year Fitty! You are right. This teacup set is unique and stunning. I have never seen one. It is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy you found one. I have never heard of the manufacturer either...??? *hugs*

MomWaldsPlace said...

What a wonderful story. The pieces were beautiful to begin with, but the thrill of the hunt has made them extra special.

I have a Myott piece in the shop, and the company is a mystery to me. Sounds like a good excuse to go exploring around the web during a tea break!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful New year!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! I love these dishes too. Have a wonderful New Year!
Sherry

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a lovely blog you have, Fitty! Your teacups are precious. It's all so pretty in pink. Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy New Year!
- Susan

stefanie said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!

Victorian1885 said...

Happy New Year Fitty!

Wanda

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Fitty,
that's a wonderful pattern. I love "Petit" persons, they look always charming. I wish you a very Happy New Year full of Health, Luck and Joy (and lots of new cups!).
Greetings, Johanna

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy New Year!!

How beautiful these dishes are!! Stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thank you for sharing...
Happy Pink New Year!

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a beautiful way to enjoy your tea!

Wishing you a blessed and happy New Year!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Anonymous said...

What beautiful teacups. Happy Pink New Year.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Fitty: Came by to wish you a Happy New Year. May God richly bless you this coming year. Hugs, Martha

Cheryl said...

Dreamy dishes!!

Anonymous said...

Fitty, those pink rose dishes are so so pretty. No wonder you wanted some. Happy happy Pink Saturday and a very happy New Year. xoxoLynn

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

absolutely lovely Fitty! thank you for sharing your joy with us !!
check back at FHC for more info on the teacup trade... thx for your interest!

Unknown said...

Oh isn't it satisfying when you finally get something you have wanted for a long time. And what does it matter that it has W&T you love it and that what matters enjoy

Love Dawn xx

xinex said...

This is really gorgeous, Fitty. What an adorable color and design...Christine

Terri said...

For sure Fitty, this is a trio to be treasured! I love the swirl edges and the pale pink. The roses are absolutely gorgeous too!
How delightful that you found your hearts desire!
Hugs,
Terri

Snap said...

Well done, Fitty! Your happiness over finding this wonderful trio is quite infectious!!!!! Happy New Year!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Fitty, my dear, you always share such lovely teacups; very pretty! Happy New Year and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Princesa Nadie said...

You always show lovely flowers Tea Cups,you have a very pretty collection
Happy new Year where all your dreams will became real
Hugs

Marianne C. said...

Fitty, nice to meet you... thank you for your very nice comment about my cups.

Oh, my....I must say that this petite set is absolutely precious!! The tiny roses say so much for such little things. They remind me of tiny roses I made with polymer clay to use on crosses I made with the same material.

The scallop design is lovely, too...and the wear and tear is just a reminder that they have been loved for a very long time.

They story behind them tells me you were meant to have them.

By the way, I'm petite, too!

Now I want to take a look at the other wonderful things you have here.

Blessings,
Marianne

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Fitty, I am so glad you found these. They are beautiful pieces. I love anything with tiny roses.
Hugs,
Sherry

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

How perfect for your collections! I would have to say it is also perfect for Pink Saturday! Happy new Year!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Betty said...

Ohhhhh!!! It is so pretty!! Now you'll have me looking for a set too. I love the pink scalloped plate and the dainty roses. Petite is something I have never been though!
Happy New Year sweet Fitty!

Fishtail Cottage said...

So glad to find others that enjoy tea cups too! thanks for coming over & saying hello! I hope you'll come back to "follow" me when you have a chance! off to see the rest of your blog....xoox
~tracie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am a sucker for vintage plates. I love the delicate roses and the pink on yours@ Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Hello Fitty!
Happy New Year Honey! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Good luck in winning my give-away!
I too love the Myott Petite pattern. I do not have any but I have other Myott patterns. I have to admit that I am a dishes/dinnerware nut!!
I have been a follower of your for quite a while now, but I haven't drop into your blog in a few months. I'll try hard to stop by more often.
Take care!
Warm hugs, Laura

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.