More teacup, it seems..

I am amazed at myself..
I've been posting almost every day..
when actual fact,
time is what I lack off lately..
hehehe

anywho', I just wanted to share
this rare dark blue/black teacup
I just found..

another blue thingie post..
lol

this is a Meakin tea cup
in quite a big size..
came with a saucer
and quite heavy too..
it has no chips but full of crazing..
which add charms to vintage pretties..

I like the dark blue flowers on it..
kindda big flowers..
even the handle looks pretty curvy..
don't you think?
and I do wonder how old is the cup..

anyway, don't forget to visit Suzanne
for more Vintage Thingies Thursday..

till next post girls
Adieu
xo
fitty



28 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful tea cup...i love all of the fine cracks in the porcelains glazing...that is so charming! really pretty!!!

ciao

GwendolynKay said...

A lovely tea cup , not a color we see very often. Great find.
Blessings!
Gwen

Gee said...

salam fitty,

its kak gee again. sekali imbas cup tu cam kopitiam nye cawan, kan. should put it under Blue Monday too, i guessed. thanks for sharing.

concretenprimroses said...

Very pretty. Nice find!
Kathy

Jocelyn said...

Love your teacup! It is so beautiful.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

LV said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog today. I enjoyed hearing and seeing all about your pretty tea cup. You know Coloradolady has a new button for VTT.

Postcardy said...

That's a pretty design and color on your cup and saucer.

Paulette said...

I think the crazing is a beautiful part of it too. Such a pretty cup!

viridian said...

Hey Fitty! Happy VTT! I now look at teacups in antique stores!

Coloradolady said...

I really love the tea cup and saucer, love the color, very unusual....have a great VTT!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

That is a Beautiful teacup, I love the crazing. Bella

Unknown said...

When the saucer is curved so much I always think the cup must be very old. People would pour their too-hot tea/coffee out a little to cool off and sip from the saucer. But only w/ family!

CC said...

Ohh,your teacup and saucer are just gorgeous. I don't believe I've ever seen that color before..it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us and Happy VTT..

Ann said...

Enjoyed seeing your teacup. I always have my eye out for these at my fav shops.
Ann

Ulla said...

Beautiful cup and saucer! Tea deserves a big cup.

Anonymous said...

I love to collect teacups also. Wait, I collect everything! Beautiful collection.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Hi Fitty, what a lovely blue cup. I can see why you love it so much. I see very similar ones at the thrift shops and flea markets here in Germany. the germans seem fond of that style. Enjoy your new cup, it is lovely.

I hope all is well with you there, my friend! cold out but sunny skies today here and i am loving it! Debby

Sarah said...

Beautiful tea cup, I love anything with blue flowers. :-)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

That is a beautiful teacup and saucer! I haven't seen one like it before.

Stephanie said...

Very beautiful tea cup. Peace, Stephanie

Jess said...

What a pretty tea cup! I love the color combo...blue and white, especially with toile.

Susan said...

Your teacup is so beautiful!

Tara Beaulieu said...

Oh I love the crazing on the cup- I know that's silly, but to me it is "vintage" embodied when I see that. Someone loved and used it well! And the blue black coloring is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing with us!

Rebecca said...

Wonderful tea cup. Such an interesting color. Have a lovely weekend.

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Laura said...

Oh boy, that is one lovely teacup! I have just decided to go ahead and let myself get a little transferware when I find it for a good price. I wish I would find something sweet like this!

marian said...

i love everything about your blue & white cup & saucer set right down to the crazing. It's simply GORGEOUS!!

Debbie said...

Very pretty, I haven't seen teacups with blue and black colors.

Cathy said...

Hi Fitty,

What a lovely post today!

Thank you for your sweet comments on the loss of my diamond. It's wonderful to have friends who understand.

xo Cathy

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.