Just a lil update..


Thanks to friends who send me get well soon wishes..
as of now, my heel is still in pain..
and Thank you Rhonda from Shellbell Tiki Hut,
who informed me about Plantar Faciitis..
after some consultations,
I can say that is what happen to my heel..

I don't know how to tell in words the pain am having right now,
but this is what I find about Plantar faciitis from the Net..
that describe the same of what I am feeling with my heel..

Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves pain and inflammation of a thick band of tissue, called the plantar fascia, which runs across the bottom of your foot — connecting your heel bone to your toes.
Plantar fasciitis causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your very first steps in the morning. Once your foot limbers up, the pain of plantar fasciitis normally decreases, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position.

In most cases, the pain associated with plantar fasciitis:
  • Develops gradually
  • Affects just one foot, although it can occur in both feet simultaneously
  • Is worst with the first few steps after awakening, although it also can be triggered by long periods of standing or getting up from a seated position
  • Feels like a sharp pain in the heel of your foot
Under normal circumstances, your plantar fascia acts like a shock-absorbing bowstring, supporting the arch in your foot. But, if tension on that bowstring becomes too great, it can create small tears in the fascia. Repetitive stretching and tearing can cause the fascia to become irritated or inflamed.


Factors that may increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis include:
  • Age. Plantar fasciitis is most common between the ages of 40 and 60.
  • Sex. Women are more likely than men to develop plantar fasciitis.
  • Certain types of exercise. Activities that place a lot of stress on your heel and attached tissue.
  • Faulty foot mechanics. Being flat-footed, having a high arch or even having an abnormal pattern of walking can adversely affect the way weight is distributed when you're standing, putting added stress on the plantar fascia.
  • Obesity. Excess pounds put extra stress on your plantar fascia.
  • Occupations that keep you on your feet. People with occupations that require a lot of walking or standing on hard surfaces
  • Improper shoes. Shoes that are thin soled, loose, or lack arch support or the ability to absorb shock don't protect your feet. If you regularly wear shoes with high heels, your Achilles tendon — which is attached to your heel — can contract and shorten, causing strain on the tissue around your heel.

complications:
Ignoring plantar fasciitis may result in a chronic condition that hinders your regular activities. You may also develop foot, knee, hip or back problems because of the way plantar fasciitis changes your walking motion.


my pain is at the red area where you see 52% figures..


A pain that will go away if I were to follow doctor's orders accordingly..

  • Put your feet up. Stay off your feet for several days when the pain is severe. (thats what I've been doing.. less walking)
  • Apply ice. Hold a cloth-covered ice pack over the area of pain for 15 to 20 minutes three or four times a day or after activity. Or try ice massage. Freeze a water-filled paper cup and roll it over the site of discomfort for about five to seven minutes. Regular ice massage can help reduce pain and inflammation. (I've been doing this also at home..)
  • Decrease your miles. You probably won't have to permanently retire your running or walking shoes, but it's a good idea to cover shorter distances until pain subsides. (less walking, yes, I am doing this also)
  • Take up a no- or low-impact exercise. Swap swimming or bicycling in place of walking or jogging. You'll likely be able to return to your regular activities as heel pain gradually improves or disappears. However, some people find that the only way to avoid a recurring problem is to permanently modify their aerobic activities.
  • Add arch supports to your shoes. Inexpensive over-the-counter arch supports take the tension off the plantar fascia and help absorb shock. (gonna get good shoes soon)
  • Stretch your arches. Simple exercises using household objects can stretch your plantar fascia, Achilles tendon and calf muscles.

prevention steps:
  • Maintain a healthy weight. This minimizes the stress on your plantar fascia. ( I got to diet too! take healthy meal)
  • Choose supportive shoes. Avoid high heels. Buy shoes with a low to moderate heel, good arch support and shock absorbency. Don't go barefoot, especially on hard surfaces.
  • Don't wear worn-out athletic shoes. Replace your old athletic shoes before they stop supporting and cushioning your feet. If you're a runner, buy new shoes after about 500 miles of use.

So, basically thats what happening to me,
I do appreciate your kind understandings should
I am late in replying your emails and text messages as
I don't get online often lately..

Doctor says REST is the best remedies for now should I want to use my legs for long..
*sigh*

thats for now.. I've been sitting for few hours already..

till next post!
Adieu!
xo
fitty

update: baru dapat satu email.. Tak sangka pulak ada org tak suka blog saya.. Dan tak baiknya lah email ni.. Awak ingat, sakit tumit ni bleh buat main2 ke.. Awak tak pernah kena so awak tak tau lah rasanya macamana!!.. Dan awak jugak tak leh nak ngata saya yg bukan2.. Saya gtau saya sakit bukan nak ambil simpati org.. btw saya kenal awak pun tidak dan saya pun jenis tak suka ambil kisah hal org.. soo Saya tak nak lah doa yg tak baik.. Tapi kan, agaknya bagus gak kalau tuhan bagi awak rasa skit camne sakit tumit ni.. lepas tu bleh lah awak gelak kan diri awak sendiri tu ya! Jgn lupa what goes around, comes around.. I am what i am..
p.s.: I am planning to have giveaways soon!
so stay tune!e

2 comments:

Adam said...

salam fitty..akk pun memang sakit kat tapak kaki kalau baru bangun tidur, atau berdiri setelah lama duduk..tp mungkin blm tahap serius, sekali sekala memang sakit sangat2 jugak, sampai nak jln pun kena pegang..akk akan ikut juga apa yg fitty dpt tu..to ease/lessen the pain..tp tau2lah kerjaya akk ni yg perlukan berdiri lama, excercise pun kurang, metabolism rate pun dah merudum..umur pun dah nak masuk gol warga emas dah..huhuhu..

Gee said...

salam fitty,

take care of your health. i dont know how to advice you. ikutlah nasihat doktor and berdoa kepada Allah SWT. Get well soon.

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.