Vintagey is here again..

Happy Vintagey Thursday, lovely girls..

This week.. I am gonna share with you part of my Meakin chinaware/dishes in pink & blue that I inherit from my dearest mumsie.

Most of these dishes were given to mom by my late grand mother.. these dishes were used daily once upon a time back 30 years ago..

the set didn't come with creamers & tea cups. So I bought some along the way.. so far I have one yellow creamer, few blue ones including a tureen, two green tea cups & saucers with few loose small green plates (yes kak Ajmah.. I got only two.. one set went to my dearie mumsie! hehehehe) and the rest is in pink colour!

above ^^ the only green meakin I have in my collection..

I found this teacups picture below, during my thrifting trip with my sister.. for less than five bucks, I got all these four teacups! Isn't that cool or what? hehehehehe

I also found an oval medium size bowl during my down south trip.. I am so glad to get the bowl as it is in odd shape.. oval.. tureen yes, you can find tureen in oval shape.. but bowl.. very rare..

and now I can hardly wait for mumsie dearie to be off to down south and bring home few more pieces of blue meakin for me.. hehehehehe.. am I lucky or what! :D


I hope you enjoy my short Vintagey post.. and for more vintagey pretties, please hop over to Suzanne.. she has a long list of wonderful girls like us who loves to collect vintage item..

till then, adieu girls!

24 comments:

The Faded Cottage said...

Love the collection and the story that goes with it. Do you ever use the dinnerware?? The green would great in my home, hint, hint")) Smiles, Janice

debi said...

Fitty,
Your dishes are very pretty! I love that sweet mix of pastel colors. Very fun!
Debi

Roslyn said...

Wow I am impressed by your collection Fitty, great pretty finds.

petite nyonya said...

hi fitty..it's me again :D. oh my goodness..i am so attracted by this collection! simple, sweet and just plain pretty! to know that they were passed down fr yr granny to yr mom and now to you... wow, truly timeless & precious fmly heirloom! my fmly has a few heirloom fr our mom too..like dumex teacup/saucers from 1970s, her mini 'lesung' and few othr stuff and i can undstd how much you treasure yr collection too. just curious, so do you only collect vintage and not new items?

Janet, said...

Very pretty dishes! I've never seen those before, it's nice they are staying in the family.

Postcardy said...

I usually don't like baby blue and pink, but those have such nice shapes and look nice in a display.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE all your meakin ware..those green cups are fabulous!!..i've got a few of the 'peach petal' colour :)

Anonymous said...

My sister would be so jealous! That's exactly her style.

Thank you for sharing.

★Carol★ said...

Hi fitty! I absolutely love how they look all together! The pastel colors are just gorgeous, and I like hearing how they some of them belonged to your family. Beautiful!

LV said...

You really have a super collection of dishes. A great post. Too, thanks for visiting my post.

Gee said...

Dear Fitty.

Luv your collection and thanks for sharing it with us.

CHER said...

Very, very lovely!!! Have a blessed day, cher

Sarah said...

And just how many sets of dishes do you have? Do you have all of them on display to enjoy or do you rotate them according to season?

~Yatt~ said...

hi k.aziah..love them all..I also collect all meakin ranges..from plates, platters,creamers, teapots,coffeepots etc..list goes on..really can't get enuf..same like u sis!! hehehe.. :-)

CC said...

Your collection is gorgeous. The sweet pink is my favorite..they look so pretty together with the soft colors. Happy VTT..have a safe and lovely weekend.

Deanna said...

Oh well now those are just dreeeeamy!! Swoon!! The blue and the pink....so delicately feminine. I'll be thinking of them for weeks!!!

xoxo,
Deanna :D

Coloradolady said...

Fitty, the colors are so pretty and I love the different pastel colors. I think the green is really unusual. Do you use these at all? I would not use them everyday, for fear of chipping or breaking them.


Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

farmlady said...

What wonderful colors! This set is lovely. You're very lucky to have them.

Miri said...

Lovely collection! Bet you set a beautiful table with these-all matching or mix and match!

Bea said...

Love the simple form and colors of these. Looks like you inherited your love of pink and dishes, eh?

ItaJeff said...

Salam Fitty :-)
They are all gorgeous..paling i suka of course your pink collection, your blue also wonderful..sweet sgt!
Btw, bukit yg fitty tanya tu mmg dkt Bukit Padang, just at the back of the jogging track. Fitty dulu tinggal di Kk tahun berapa?
I got this 'operational aborted' sign box come up everytime when I try to browse yr page, I have to press the refresh button few times then only I can read ur posting. I think somethg wrong with my lappy, but it dont happen with the other blog...tht why lately ni selalu terlambat buat comment!

Have a nice day fitty :-)

Lots of luv,
Ita

Anonymous said...

Geez. Talk about a collection! When I refer to my own "collections", it usually means, "Look, now I've got two!"

Beautiful colors ....'specially the pink!

the wild raspberry said...

that is one fantastic collection!
have a wonderful weekend!
chasity

Tara Beaulieu said...

Oh what gorgeous colors- I love all the pastels, what a wonderful gift your mother and grandmother left to you!

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.