Blue Monday

Happy Monday girls! hows your weekend so far? Hope you girls had a wonderful Mother's day celebration.. as for me, I had a very slow and relax weekend.. we are recuperating from the flu bug and thank god, we are now healthy as a horse.. hehehehe

Last Saturday, I finally have the time to clean up my cabinet and re arranged some of the chinaware.. and here I am sharing with you this made in china, blue rose tea set.. this tea set is more that 35 years old.. it was one of my parents wedding gifts.

mom gave me this set back 10 years ago when they moved to a new house.. and I am very grateful to have some of her wedding gifts as momentos of them.. I shall cherish it always..

this tea set came in a complete set of one teapot, one sugar bowl and creamer, six cups & saucers, six dessert plates and one cake plate..

apart from that, it also came with small cracks which I love it so much.. it shows how much mom loves her set and been using it a lot when I was small.


but sadly, one of the cups was gone.. can't remember what happen to it.. but I guess it must be slipped and broken into pieces.. *sigh*

and girls don't forget to visit Sally for more Blue Monday posts.. till then, adieu! have a great week!

25 comments:

Stephenie said...

Loooooove your tea set...Those blue roses are just amazing..
Stephenie

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Very beautiful set and the story behind it makes it even more special.
Thanks for sharing
Molly

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY BLUE MONDAY.
IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO HAVE A PART OF YOUR MOTHER'S CHINA FROM WHEN SHE WAS FIRST MARRIED. BEAUTIFUL BLUE ROSES.
HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY.
HUGS
debbie

azah said...

cantikkkk..tak penah tenguk lagi..i love the blue roses...very unique..

debi said...

Your tea set is beautiful! What a special memento of your parents.

Gemma Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

A very beautiful tea set! Stunning blue flower! And especially love the elegant shape of the pot!

Becky K. said...

Beauty with memories equals perfection!

Have an awesome Monday!

Barb said...

Lovely, I love your dishes!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

SmilingSally said...

I've always loved that pattern. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

Pretty dishes and lovely memories. Doesn't get better than that!

jeanne said...

Hi Fitty, your mom's tea set with the blue flowers is so pretty. A real treasure for sure. I know you enjoy having it to use just like your mom did.

Hugs...Jeanne

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's very lovely but the best part is the memories that come with it.

Unknown said...

What a lovely tea set.

Happy Blue Monday!!

Unknown said...

What a great set; I especially love the shape of the coffee pot.

Joyce said...

It's perfect even if it has a few blemishes because it was your Moms!
Joyce

pam said...

That's a wonderful tea set.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Doesn't everything seem just a little sweeter when we enjoy it on heirloom china? Lovely set and happy blue Monday.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Hi Fitty, thanks for the sweet comment on my sunday post. Always love it when you drop by. I love your blue floral china. It looks just like some dishes that my mother in law used to have. I thought they were just lovely. Sad now that they are all gone, broken piece by piece over the years. Thanks for sharing your lovely set with us. Debby

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your tea set is sweet! Happy Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terry said...

Happy Blue Monday to you.
Wow what a beautiful tea set.
How special that your Mom shared it with you.
Thank you for sharing with us here in blogland today.
I have never seen this blue rose pattern before it is truly beautiful.
Have a blessed week.

imjacobsmom said...

So cute! I love your rose pattern! I would definitely keep that on display! ~ Robyn

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty set of dishes!

Candy said...

Lovely set. Blues and browns are very complimentary together.

Thanks for stopping by my dreams of a cottage.

Happy days,
Candy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is so beautiful! Love your blog too! Cindy

Mary @boogieboard Cottage said...

very nice dishes, I like the blue roses. :O)

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.