I am an addict..

My name is Fitty and I am a book & magazine addict! hehehehehe.. :P what can I say.. I love books and home decor magazines.. I got tonnes of it.. and this picture below are just few of them that recently arrived at my mail box.. Country Living, Romantic Homes and of course my all time fave Cath Kidston Spring Catalogue..

Girls.. just look at the cover!!! Don't you like it??? I know I do.. so colourful!

and here let me share with you some of my fave pictures from Cath's catalogue..

oh my isn't this beautiful! just look at the bags hanging on the wall.. the wallpaper.. aaahhhh.. so beautiful!.. seriously BEAUTIFUL is the KEYWORD here.. hehehehe

this is another fave photo of mine.. love the bag with blue handle.. look like a coin purse with big handle.. hehehe looks good for outing.. wish it comes with pink handle!.. or pastel green or sage green.. must be pretty too!..

this picture is a bit blury.. but still one of my fave too.. her first shop selling all the vintagey pretties..

I love the wallpaper..

and look at the fabrics.. mixture of stripes, stars, florals and dots..



I want that canisters too! hehehehe

and the china set are so girly and Eastery (is there such a word?)! love the combination of pastel colours.. again.. I wish Cath open her store here at my side of the world.. welp, my wishful thinking!.. so nite2 girls.. off to the couch and granny blankie and a cup of tea to chill out.. I have been under the weather for the last few days.. flu & cough bugs hit me hard! So ciao bella!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE : to answer some of the questions asked: -

1.
Cath Kidston is a British designer. Very well known designer and entrepreneur. She has lots of outlets in UK itself and few other countries out of UK as well. I do not know if she has a shop in US. You should browse her website for further details. You could also order her catalogue from her website too, for free. Online shopping and shipping is available worldwide.

2. As for the other two magazines, Romantic Homes & Country Living, of course if you live in the States or UK, you could get it easily at Borders, or any bookstores nearest to your home.. otherwise you can subscribe straight away from them.

Just take note that Country Living magazine came in many editions i.e. the US and the UK. So pick one you like. You should also check out home decor mags from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Scandinavia countries too.. they got lovely mags to googoogaga.. hehehehe

As for the local girlfriends here in my country, you can either get these magazines from well known bookstores i.e. Kinokuniya, Borders, MPH or TIMES. If you are lucky, Popular bookstores also carry these magazines.

Mine, I don't subscribe from the publisher itself. I actually subscribe these magazines from Kinokuniya bookstore here near my area, as it is cheaper than subscribe all the way from US or UK. but then again, girls, it is up to you..

anyway I am so glad that you all like what I've shared here.. like some of you said, sometimes, you don't have to spend too much or do major renovation just to have beautiful homes.. all you need to do is search for inspiration and a lil bit of puttering.. your home is already your heaven!.. :-)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, I will have to find that catalog. I have never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing it.
Have a wonderful day.
~Sue~

Knitty said...

When you buy the tea set, order one for me too! :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Lynda said...

I've never heard of that catalog! Thanks for the thumbs up...I'll have to check it out. They have some beautiful items!

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, Fitty! I enjoy hearing from other bloggers.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Great catalog, such pretty items. I did notice that bright pastels and flowers are big. Yey...my kind of decor.

Unknown said...

I'm addicted to decorating magazines too! I get them in the mail faster than I can keep up with reading them. I also love to go through the older publications...and I can always glean new ideas from older ones.

It's cheaper than actually shopping...I look at the magazine and then go see how I can change my rooms with little or no money.

Ivy Bend said...

Boy, can I identify with your magazine habit. I'm in the same boat. I recently decided I must get rid of some of them. I couldn't part with my Romantic Homes, Victoria (both the original and the new incarnation) and Tea Time. And I've got a ton of British decorating magazines that cost more than paperback novels, so I'm certainly NOT going to chuck those. I went through a bunch of Country Living, Country Home, Traditional Home, and have a HUGE pile to take to the library to donate. (Patrons can take what they like.) Now to get motivated to drive all the way over there.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

wow, I never realized there were such fabulous magazines and catalogs out there to be had, collected, coveted, and thoroughly enjoyed!! You don't find anything as gorgous as that over here in Germany, where tastes tend to run more subdued and simple. Oh I miss the frilly colorful tastes from the states!! I will have to look around online for some of the magazines you mentioned as well as others in their comments. I think I am headed for an addiction of my own!!! Hope you are feeling better and have chased the bug away. Take care, Debby

Victorian Garden Gourmet said...

I just poured through the new issue of Romantic Homes too. I think I have every issue. I hoard magazines too, but I love looking through them during the winter months when I have some spare time. Never heard of the catalog, but it looks lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed my visit to yours.
Kate

Elyse said...

GASP! i must order the new cath kidston catalog. i am also addicted to all of this, too. i have found that since i started to blog, i buy less magazines but after reading your post, i feel like treating myself to some new ones!

Picket said...

I love decorating magazines...I have some I have had for nearly 30 years!!!! lol Hope you get to feeling better girl and thanks so much for coming by!

Blondie's Journal said...

I am addicted to magazines too~I need to start reading more books!!

I had never heard of Cath Kidston until you. Is she from the U.S??

I can tell from pitures of your home that you have alot of florals taht are in CK magazine! A true blue fan! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I really love your photos, so many beautiful things. I need to find that catalogue.
Thanks for sharing, Cindy

Salmagundi said...

I love my magazines, too. Just got my new Romantic Homes today, so I'm off to my comfy chair for an evening of dreaming!! May you have a great week. Sally

jeanne said...

Hello Fitty, Your blues in the magazine are beautiful. Love the handbags. The blue dishes are really pretty.

Fitty, I hope you feel better. Go to bed and rest.

Hugs...Jeanne

Sue said...

I love Cath Kidston too. Great pictures of her catalog. I would love to go to her store in London one of these days.
Hugs,
Sue

Elyse said...

hi fitty,

an update to let you know that since reading your post i have (1) ordered the new cath kidston catalog; and (2) bought the new country living magazine! i couldn't help myself. i am an addict, too! (and i went to michaels crafts - yikes!)

xo

Karen said...

Beautiful!!! :o)

HiHo said...

I'm amazed I have never seen one of Kath's magazines...well now I am on the look out!
Heidi

Margie said...

I LOVE my books and magazines too! I could spend every day ALL day with them!

I MUST have one of those Cath Kidston catalogs! I've never seen one, but I must find one some where! tee hee! I'm going to go searching now ...

Have a lovely week!
Margie :)

Anonymous said...

I adore everything by Cath Kidston too! :o)

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

I love love love magazines too! I drive my husband nuts with all the magazines I have. I rarely throw them away. I also keep catalogs too because they can be great resourses! Thank you on the tip for the Cathy Kidston catalogue. I just went over and ordered my free copy. How do I get a copy of the Kate Forman Catalogue. Here stuff is fabulous.

HAPPY READING!

hugs, Ellen

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.