The Child in Me..

You must be wondering why I have all these children's story book pictures in here.. well, they are not for my children.. for now.. all four of them are mine.. but my kids can read it any time they want.. hehehehehe..

This has been my new hobby.. not reading.. reading is always my top of the list hobby.. but reading children story book it is.. a new thing at the age of 35.. hehehe (yes, thats my age and am not ashamed of telling :P)..

not that I don't ever read story book during my childhood, I DO.. seriously, I have lots of children story books that my parents bought for me.. but these 3 of them are classics.. and never fails me. always make me happy, laugh and sad with their adventures..

the first book that I am currently reading is The Fairy Chronicles by J.H. Sweet.. It came in series. 4 of them.. I like the story and even the pictures in side were pretty. very English, cottagey kindda picture..

next is the Pipi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren.. this is the most funniest one.. Pipi and her hilarious adventures.. and the funny dressing.. and the braid and Mr. Monkey and the ever non stop wanting to be a pirate.. hehehe

this one is a classic! All-Of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor.. it was about 4 lil girls living in NYC and life for them is adventurous! Very American Family kindda story..

and of course this last one is my top most favourite (apart from the cover in Pink hehehe).. about 3 Fossils sisters.. they were orphans and adopted by a man name Uncle GUM.. and all 3 end up joining Children's Academy of Dancing and Stage Training to make a living.. in show business of course with glare of spotlight, hardwork and tonnes of practice!.

How do I know about this book? I thanked You've Got Mail movie that had Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks in it.. Quoted from here
INT. FOXBOOKS SUPERSTORE - CHILDREN'S DEPARTMENT

As Kathleen walks into it.

It's huge, of course. With its reading area, and stage, and
room for displays, and child-size furniture, and so many
books and so many customers.

Kathleen sits down on a little child-size chair,
completely wilted.

KATHLEEN FROM ANOTHER P.O.V.

And now we see Joe watching her, from a distance.
She doesn't see him.

A woman browsing, stops a sales person.

WOMAN SHOPPER
Do you have the "Shoe" books?

SALESPERSON
The "Shoe" books? Who's the author?

WOMAN SHOPPER
I don't know. My friend told me my
daughter has to read the "Shoe" books,
so here I am.

KATHLEEN
Noel Streatfeild. Noel Streatfeild wrote
Ballet Shoes and Skating Shoes and
Theater Shoes and Movie Shoes...
(she starts crying as she tells
her)
I'd start with Skating Shoes, it's my
favorite, although Ballet Shoes is
completely wonderful.

SALESPERSON
Streatfeild. How do you spell that?

KATHLEEN
S-T-R-E-A-T-F-E-I-L-D.

WOMAN SHOPPER
Thank you.

As she walks away.
thats how I end up looking for this book. My fave bookstore Kino didn't have this book on shelves so I had them ordered for me.. Ballet shoes is not the only one in the series.. they are a lot more shoes stories by Streatfeild. check it out..

what I like about all these books apart from their stories are the covers.. and old kindda papers they used.. the wording, type setting.. and the smell of old books.. I love all that in a book!

and after like 35 years.. I am still a child at heart!.. I shall continue buying more children's books for my kids & grandkids.. if I have any.. till then.. I on the search for more..

Like Kathleen Kelly said "Ballet Shoes is COMPLETELY WONDERFUL"

p/s: I am still on the hunt for the lemon drop jar story book..

No comments:

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.