Teacup Tuesday..


Hello Happy People!

How are you today?
Hows your Christmas?
Did you shop on Boxing day?
teehee..
and..
Hows the weather at your shore?
More snow?
Did you get white Christmas just like Beverly has?
Wow, you should visit her post!
I {heart} those photos of her home!
picture perfect for Christmas!

Anyhow, back to my post!
I know its been so long I didn't update my blog.
Not that I don't have anything to share,
but Malaise syndrome just hit me bad!
You know the year end cold chilly weather
makes you think of holidays, holidays and holidays..

But truth to be told, I just got myself busy with the kiddos.
School gonna start anytime soon and I got to ensure all the preparations are ready!
Especially for my lil boy Jim whose going to Year 1 next year!
I don't know whether to be happy or sad..
or may be both!
I hope he loves the new school and new friends he gonna make.
No more Kindy for him..
and no more babbling from me!
teehee..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, let me begin by saying that..
this would be my last Tea Cup Tuesday of this year
with Martha and Terri.

And I have to thank these two wonderful ladies and also the rest of you ladies
who really inspire me to get my own tea cups just like yours..
and the process of getting the cups are no easy..
but it is worth the experiences!

So for today, I would love to share my very first Spode Billingsley Rose duos.
I couldn't describe how over joy I was when I saw this duo right in front of me!

I wish I got the side plate but my mistake I totally forgot to get one from Stephanie..
and now the plates are all gone! teehee

(psst Stephanie, do you by any chance have one? teehee!)

What I really love about this duo is the lace embossed at the edges of the saucer and cup..
and another good reason that made my heart flutter each time I see this set is the pink rose surrounded by leaves, ferns, small buds at the middle of the saucer and also at the inner side of the cup..

even the handle of the cup has some roses on it..

Uniquely beautiful isn't it?


I try to get some info on this treasure and found this.
Quoted from the net:
"The Billingsley Rose design and the Copeland dynasty
In 1784, Josiah Spode I employed William Copeland and in 1822 the company changed its name to Spode and Copeland. When all the Spode progeny had died by 1830, the company dropped the Spode name but took it back up again in 1970 on the commemoration of the founding. The Billingsley Rose was first applied to Copeland China in the 1920s by members of the Copeland family. In 1970, the Rose was still in use when the company was restored to its original name Spode. China with this pattern has since become known as Billingsley Rose Spode.

Jewel Shaped China and the Billingsley Rose
In the 1920s, the Copelands used jewel shaped china to apply the first Billingsley Rose in homage to the great china painter, William Billingsley.The jewel shape was first used in 1857 for a special decorated service known as the Shah's Service. The edge of the dish was embossed with small concentric rings meant to look like highly detailed lace. The print instantly became a best seller and was used on various earthenware products until 1989 when it was retired."


So now you already know why I was delirious happy when I saw this cup up for sale not sooooo long ago.. A chance that I must grab and I never regret!

Especially when the bottom of the cup has this stamp on it!
Awesomely antique and boy I am so proud to have this set!


Welp, happy people, hope you have enjoy the photos as much as I do..
and please don't forget to visit both Martha & Terri for more beautiful teacups!

"A little cup of friendship
With a bag of tea
When you drink this
Think of love from me. "
source unknown

Till then happy people!
Till next Tuesday Teacup in 2011!.

Happy New Year!

Adieu!
xo
fitty

17 comments:

marketing said...

WOOO WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION

The Tablescaper said...

That is a gorgeous pattern. The detail is amazing!

Merry Christmas.

- The Tablescaper

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh my, how beautiful, Fitty! Love the laceiness of the china; so pretty! Have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Helly fitty! So happy to see your post. Glad you are well. The cup you showed, with the little rosebuds all the way down the handle, is absolutely charming.

Yes, we got TONS of snow here in Massachusetts. Driving down the street today, the first day I have actually been out of the house, was quite an experience. It becomes another world, surrounded by white!

Take care and have a great day. Susan

Susan said...

Oh I do love your teacup and saucer! I really like the lacy look with roses!! So beautiful~!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Fitty,
Seems like forever since I've had a chance to stop by and get a dose of your lovely roses.
I really love the teacup and saucer you are showing us today. It looks like lace, so pretty.

I wish for you a wonderful New Year.

hugs
Sissie

Rita said...

oh my Fitty,
your spode duo's are really unique.
happy new yer to you and your loved ones
rita

Angela Scavazza said...

Linda sua postagem!!!!!!
Amei!!!!
Beijos!!!!!

Terri said...

I can see why you love this cup and saucer! It is really lovely with the embossing and the perfectly pretty roses that adorn it! The handle is so precious!
I am so glad you have been enjoying Tea Cup Tuesday, I do hope you will continue with us in the new year.
Hugs to you,
Terri

BECKY said...

Hi Fitty! What a beautiful tea cup set! I love everything about it, especially the tiny roses on the handle. So unique! Thanks for stopping by and commenting at my blog, too! Have a beautiful day!

MomWaldsPlace said...

A beautiful cup and a beautiful story, thanks!

Kathy said...

This is a uniquely beautiful teacup and saucer! I love the laciness and the roses - gorgeous!
Kathy

parTea lady said...

That is a very beautiful teacup. This is a first time I've seen this pattern and I love the texture and pretty roses. Thank you for sharing the patterns history.

Snap said...

How special! The dainty roses even on the handle ... wow! Happy Tea Day!

Princesa Nadie said...

Always lovely!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Hugs

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Fitty: Your cup is breathe taking. I have a confession, after I saw it, I went to Ebay and am currently bidding on a set. You got me hooked. Have a wonderful New Year's. I am very grateful for our friendship. I look forward to next year and sharing more of our live. Blessings, Martha

Marianne C. said...

Fitty, your collection makes me feel like I'm covetous...no, it's just that they are giving me such beauty...

I honestly don't have words for this collection...but I'll try. First, I love the cream color, and you are so right about the lace pattern on the plate - how wonderful to look at, especially with the 'oh, my goodness' rose in the center!!! It compliments it perfectly. And the roses on the handle of the cup...I can see how you could not let this set pass you by.

Have a wonderful New Year,
Marianne

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.