Weekend is here again..

and I can't hardly wait.
Coz this weekend,
I thought of resting at home with my children
after such a busy weekdays.
(and I got to continue packing.. welp, that would be another story..)

Did I tell you that I've been Zombie since last weekend?
Welp, my youngest boy was under the weather
and had no school for almost a week already.
I blamed it to the weather..
*sigh*

Welp, at my side of the world, the weather has gone haywire again,
Monsoon season is back..
One day, it was totally hot and humid in the morning and
in the afternoon, down came the rain pouring like no body business,
with thunders and storms fighting like cats and dogs..

So you can imagine, how easily one could get sick.. :(

As a treat,
I baked them strawberry shortcakes..
their fave tea time treat.

Of course I brought out my best pink roses china for
our family of 4 tea time treats.

I used this recipe for my shortcakes,
which I took from The Farm Chicks post.

3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup cold butter, chopped into small cubes
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
Since my kids don't really like lemony taste,
I omit the lemon zest and they still taste delicious..

This is my son's plate.
Does it look delicious?
I bet, it is..
coz this is the best shortcake I ever taste..

A pot of tea, is a must..
(can you see my sick looking lil boy, vaguely at the background? teehee..)

a bowl of sugar coated strawberries

since we are in the hurry,
a bowl of cream cheese would do..

a bowl of raspberry jam

and a stack of Strawberry Shortcake for one ready to be walloped!
teehee..

Thanks to the Farm Chicks girls for this wonderful recipe and
I shall use this recipe again for our Chicken and biscuits gravy din din over the weekend.


till next post girls,
Don't forget to visit these girls for more sugary treats!


Adieu!
xo
fitty

19 comments:

Rose Garden Malevik said...

LOVELY BLOG :)
HÃ¥kan

Joyce said...

I love their cookbook and it looks so delicious especially with a cup of tea.
Joyce

Denise@alloverroses said...

This was probably the wrong post to start my day off with since I have to have a blood test this morning and can't eat! LOL My mouth is watering from your yummy strawberry shortcake. :) Your photos are lovely!
Have a great day!
Denise

Connie said...

Fitty, this is one of the best posts I've ever seen you do, sugar!! It touched my heart.... Just darling photos!!!
xoxo,
Conie

Gee said...

salam fitty,

sedapnya shortcakes. terasa lapar pulak akak dibuatnye. nampaknya akak kena turun bawah cari ape boleh makan..dan tambah menyelerakan bila dihidangkan dalam pinggan ra ab tu...hehehe..

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! yes, yes...i love this post and all of it's pretty sweetness...both the treats and those rosy dishes! yummy!

thanks for sharing...I only wish I was actually there partaking of that delightful table setting!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Kim said...

What a beautiful post you've shared Fitty. Everything looks devine and I sure wish I could have been there with you as you enjoyed those scrumptious lookings scones and that pot of tea. Have a great weekend!!

azlina said...

SALAM FITTY...

APA KHBAR LAMA AKK X SGH SINI BILA KE SINI MATA AKK TAK BERKELIP2 TGK KOLEKSI FITTY YANG TERSGT MENARIK N MASKAN YG MENYELERAKAN...

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Fitty,

Oh my, what a beautiful cup, and those strawberry shortcakes look yummy! have a great weekend!

Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Fitty,
How yummy is that!! I just love it!! From your china to the scrumptious goodies that you have made!!
I do hope your little one feels better soon!!

Debbie

★Carol★ said...

Your strawberry shortcake looks so yummy, and your dishes go with it so perfectly!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Fitty, Your photos are gorgeous and now I am hungry! And your roses dishes....they are beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday and I hope son is much better now. ~ Lynn

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

aww... I do see your sweet little guy in the background! Sure hope he is feeling better today! We had some crazy rain this week too, though we needed it after weeks of no rain.

Your sweet tea party would make anyone feel better. It looked so pretty and tasty too!

A joy visiting with you!
Kindly, ldh

Shanna Brooks said...

Hello there. I just discovered pink Saturdays. I am a new follower from www.mommiesandbeyond.com. Please join me there.

A 2 Z said...

Hi Fitty,

Yum! I'm sure whoever ate this, loved it. Beautiful pictures and wonderful recipe. Thanks for the lovely tea. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anne-Marie

A 2 Z said...

Hi Fitty,

Yum! I'm sure whoever ate this, loved it. Beautiful pictures and wonderful recipe. Thanks for the lovely tea. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anne-Marie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Fitty, your post is scrumptious! Love your desserts! But what I really love is the teapot and the lovely teacup! So, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing and a belated Happy Pink Saturday to you. Hope you're having a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

FairfieldHouse said...

Strawberries! Heaven, I'm in heaven!

Thank you for sharing such a scrumptious treat.

Deborah

sabrina said...

salam kak fitty.i've tried the recipe after looking at your yummylicious strawberry shortcake photos.mamamia it was really delicious....thanks for sharing sis =)

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.