Sunday treat!

Did I tell you that I love Coconut? teehee..

I love anything with Coconut.. as a fruit, Coconut has many uses starting from its flower, husk, raw white flesh, water, shell, trunk and the list goes on.... and drinking Coconut water with lots of ice cubes on hot Summer day is very refreshing.. teehee..

Btw, do you like Bounty Chocolates with coconut?, welp, that is one of my faves.. and so is Coconut Ice cream, Coconut Macaroons and any cakes with coconut frosting especially with grated coconut covered around it..

and at IKEA there is Swedish dessert ~ round chocolate balls coated with coconut flakes. I was told it was made from whipped fudge and oats, creamed to truffle-like perfection and finally rolled in coconut. .. ahhhh sooo delicious! and not forgetting Lamingtons.. the Aussies love having this cake for tea.. and so do I.. it was a big hit with my kids too..

As for today, the weather is a bit chilly.. its been raining all day long.. and my idea of spending some quality time at the garden went poof!... teehee.. and speaking of raining, the weather makes us hungry all the time.. and this time I am craving for something easy to whip, good old fashion and warm pancakes to be eaten during our tea time..

so off I went to my fridge and found a pack of shredded coconut and coconut milk.. sooo here comes Lempeng Kelapa for our tea time or known as Coconut pancake or does it look like crepes? teehee..

Lempeng Kelapa is one of our traditional food at my side of the world, especially among the Malays community. We normally eat them for breakfast or tea time just like you eat fluffy pancakes or flapjacks.

There are so many ways to make one. But today, I decided to make one just like my late great grandma used to do.

This time, I used coconut milk and lots of coconut shreds in the mixture instead of coconut water.. and it taste simply delicious!

You can eat this pancake right away when it is totally hot from the pan or warm or, you could also sprinkle some sugar on it, squeeze some lemon or drip a big amount of maple syrup or a spoon or two of Curry or sambal ikan bilis (Anchovies in hot & spicy chili gravy).. and they always a perfect combo! teehee.. I am salivating right now just writting this up.. teehee..

but I ate mine with the leftover Asam pedas (fish cooked in sweet and sour gravy).
Ooooh sooo yummy especially on cold weather day..

and also Chicken Rendang ~ Chicken cook in hot & spicy gravy

the pancakes were a hit with my kids..
and they are gone the minute I served them.
Thank God I managed to grab a piece.. teehee..

of course, a blue teapot of tea is just nice during this weather..

oh yes, some of you might wonder, why do I set the table using the same transferware teaset with different pattern of teapot..

welp, truth to be told, I don't have many complete teasets in my collection.
There are only 3 sets that I really use daily or every other week.
One is the Robert Gordon Blue Liberty,
a complete teaset and full dining from Aussie,
Next is Royal Albert American Beauty
which I am waiting anxiously to get the pot..
that one also a complete teaset and full dining.
and the last one is this blue transferware teaset without a pot!
teehee..

while the rest of my collections came in loose sets..
teehee..

teacups with no pots or sugar bowl and creamer
or teapots with no teacups and plates
teehee..

and if they are in complete sets,
they are meant for display as they are so vintagey
and I am afraid of using them daily as they are so fragile and came with cracks and chips..
teehee..

This is English Breakfast tea from Ahmad Tea.
Our family fave!..

before I go off, here a close up of the rose pitcher for you to enjoy!

oh I forgot, they are another 2 complete sets that I have,
one was my mom's collection, milk glass with roses on it..

and the next one was a Correlle set, a gift from dear Daddy on my wedding day..
teehee..

till then happy people!
have a good weekend and

Happy 4th July to all my American friends
and
Happy Belated Canada Day (1st July) to all my Canadian friends too!


(photo : courtesy of Internet)

and don't forget to visit Cielo for more SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY



Adieu!
xo
fitty

17 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!
Everything that you have showed us today is wonderful!! Looks so yummy!! And that tea pot is to die for!!
It is supposed to reach 96 here today!!! I will be in the house in the air conditioning!!
Have a good week!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Chempaqa said...

salam kak..
kecur mulut tgk lempeng kelaapa dgn asam pedas tuh...anan2 chemp suka cicah susu pekat..pon sodap...mcm biase...koleksi akak tetep vogue dan malatoppppppppp...bravooo..hhiihii

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Beautiful cocoa pot with the roses! Happy 4th of July. Connie

Gee said...

salam fitty,

bestnya lempeng kelapa tu..tambah2lagi dpt mkn ngan asam pedas..sure tak nampak ibu mertua lalu kat belakang..hehehe

btw, koleksi fitty ni semuanya sangat cantik dan gorgeous. thanks so much for sharing.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I'm crazy 'bout coconut too. Coconut cream pie is my favorite dessert. Gotta try those coconut pancakes. Love your transferware and your teapot.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well you've been cooking up a storm and posting too! Yes, we do love our roses. Your pitcher is beautiful! Jacqueline

Brenda Pruitt said...

You're got some real beauties there to display!
Brenda

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Wonderful post today...now I'm hungry girl..love your tea pot and your blog is wonderful my friend...Hope you have a GREAT day...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

Oh, Fitty! What a wonderful post - treats for my tiny eyes to see that make my mouth water and that most lovely tea pot!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Fitty,
Your teapot is simply gorgeous and if you love coconut, you're going to love my chocolate macaroons I'm serving on my tea post today. Hope you'll stop by. Wishing you a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, you had me drooling! I love coconut. As a matter of fact I just bought to fresh coconuts yesterday to make some yummy treats! now i need to try out this new recipe!

Victorian1885 said...

Good afternoon Fitty
I love all of your pieces today but especially the rose jug!! Have a good rest of the day my friend!

Wanda

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hello Fitty, Mmmm I love coconut, and your pancakes are whispering my name!! Besides that that rose pitcher is gorgeous... you have the best rose china!
Bella

Natasha in Oz said...

Oh that food looks delicious! My mum makes a mean beef rendang. They have just returned from Malaysia actually, so while they are still in a Malay frame of mind I might ask her to make it for me!

Hope your week is wonderful.
Best wishes,
Natasha.

MamaTiaMia said...

salam, everything in this entry is too much:)yeap malaysia is hot but at this moment it is really chill here,drizzling outside my window,that asam pedas really make we want to start my car now,stop at the fresh market get ikan merah and cook with my jeruk kubis inside the fridge:)i love everything with dessicated coconuts too..especially the plain butter cup cake,if you coat it with homemade strawberry jam then drizzle with coconuts..heaven:)

Marie said...

My oh my...everything you made looks so delicious and perfect!

I also just want to stop by and say "thanks" for commenting about my Tiffany Bleu cottage.
-marie

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I'm hungry now! I love coconut to!
That pitcher in your first photo is gorgeous!

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.