If you are Shabby Chic fan, you must already know that Rachel Ashwell, loves to collect Royalty China.. yes.. another post on Rachel Ashwell! teehee.. She is my idol in home decor same goes to Cath Kidston, Christina Strutt, Kate Foreman, stylist Selina Lake and other well known names to name a few!.
you want to find out more stories behind each of them..
red, blue, gold with Royal photos, flags, flowers and royal coats of arms..
which was produced to remember the life of the Queen Mother who passed away in 2002.
I think she always look lovely and bubbly in baby blue
dresses with draped panels of fabric and of course with her large netting hat.
in fact I read somewhere, she was known the Smiling Duchess at one time
and very popular too after Diana, Princess of Wales..
And on the day the Queen Mother died, more than a million people came and watched her funeral,
along the street from the Abbey to her final resting place at Windsor Castle.
dresses with draped panels of fabric and of course with her large netting hat.
in fact I read somewhere, she was known the Smiling Duchess at one time
and very popular too after Diana, Princess of Wales..
And on the day the Queen Mother died, more than a million people came and watched her funeral,
along the street from the Abbey to her final resting place at Windsor Castle.
so I guess I better let the photos do the talking..
Lastly, please give these girls a visit for more wonderful stories!
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Adieu!
xo
fitty
xo
fitty
48 comments:
salam fitty,
Im not denying the fact that the queen mother teacup is just so sweet to me. design org putih ni..kebanyakannya sweet, lembut dan sejuk mata memandang, kan. Macam fitty juga, hehehe..
salam fitty...
sweetnya....
salam fitty...
sweetnya....
In looking over your blog I can see that youdo love china. Your cup with the little roses and the Queen Mother is very lovely. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
What beautiful tea cups!! I did not even know that these existed!!
Something I did hear about the Queen Mother is that during the London Blitz, she refused to leave London against much protest because she felt that if she fled, then what would her people think and that could lead to chaos!
Debbie
Fitty, those are wonderful. I have never even heard of such a collection. Thank you for sharing and for visiting me at Blackwood!! Have a great day!
machelle
Hi Fitty :) What a wonderful and special teacup you are sharing with us! So sweet flowers and soft blue color. I too have never heard of this collection, and so glad you have told us of it! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Happy Teacup Tuesday!
Warmest hugs, Brenda
The Queen Mother cup is a lovely item...I have no commemorative cups...they could be a collection all their own if one ever started.
I have a dear friend who has collected the Royal Family Commeratives for years. I bet she has this lovely cup and saucer, too!
I have a dear friend who has collected the Royal Family Commeratives for years. I bet she has this lovely cup and saucer, too!
Fitty, your teacup is lovely! We Canadians loved the Queen Mother because she was a lovely and brave soul. The story that Debbie mentioned is true; the Queen would not leave the city during the war. She was a true royal! Thank you for your wonderful and interesting post today. Wishing you a beautiful day.
Blessings,
Sandi
/The photos that you took of your teacups are just beautiful
What a sweet post! The Queen Mother always seemed lovely and approachable! Terrific that you have the reference book for those dishes! Fascinating!
Kathy
Oh, this is beyond gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
How precious.
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxo
Oh Fitty, you made such lovely photos of this beautiful cup. I relly love to see it how you decorated it and the story is so nice. Yes, she was always smiling when I saw her at TV or at the newspapers. And this cup is so pretty made, just a treasury.
Greetings, Johanna
What lovely Tea Cups! I have a Fine Bone mug with the Queen Elisabeth,I bought it in Portobello in London and I love it
Having a tea with you has been a pleasure
Love
Now this is a beautiful commemorative teacup.The colors truly set this apart from most such china and the portrait of the Queen is soft and sweet. I have never before seen one I like as much as this one, it is a treasure.
Your Queen Mother tea cup is gorgeous. I've never seen this cup before. What a wonderful treasure. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing such a beauty today.
Denise
What beautiful tea cups!!Love it.
Blessings,
Virginia
Fitty, I love all thing English, and seeing your post was just wonderful for me! I am thrilled for you that you have the Queen Mother Memorial cup. It is a gorgeous cup. I have seen other cups like the ones in Rachel's book, but never thought to buy. I am rethinking that now : )
Thank you so much for sharing with us,
Hugs,
Terri
Oh Fitty what a precious cup! I have always loved the royal family as my mother and grandmother before me did. And of course the Queen Mother was a special favorite from the time I was a little child!
A number of years ago my brother who was in the Black Watch in Montreal at the time was part of a revue to receive their "colors" from the Queen Mother and I was lucky enough to be invited to the presentation. It was such a thrill!
Thanks for bringing back a lovely memory for me....
Tina xo
Happy Tea Cup Tuesday
I love your Queen Mother set..she was such a classy lady!
Wanda
Hi Fitty!
Oh My goodness! I was just at an Antique mall with a friend on Saturday and ran across a quite LARGE collection of of Royalty sets! I don't know that I had ever paid too much attention to them..and then I see your sweet post! That really is a lovely teacup..love those dainty roses!
Happy Tea!
Lorena
Hello Fitty!
Such an interesting post! I didnt know of the Royal Collection before and may have to look for a piece or 2!
The blue cup is just so charming!
Thanks for sharing today!
Lynn
Hi: That is so pretty. I am not a big fan of these kind of cups, but yours is so beautiful. She looks sweet and happy. I would buy one if I could. Thank you so much for sharing this cup and it's story with us. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha
Your china is lovely. I love the royal family always loved things like this. Such pretty china too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry
Here it is Thursday, and I'm still making the Teacup Tuesday rounds. So many beautiful teacups...so little time, right?
I'm so glad I stopped by to see your gorgeous Queen Mother teacup. It is beautiful!! And I've never seen any like it before. In fact, I didn't even know there was a Queen Mother (or Royal family) teacup.
Thank you for sharing,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)
Very pretty!! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog...so do drop by!!
What a beautiful way to be remembered. I have two coronation teacups, but I have never seen the Queen Mother's memorial teacup before. So lovely. Take care.
What a pretty cup and saucer. Thanks for sharing it and thanks for coming by.
What a TREASURE!!!
My Friday Blog - Monkey See, Monkey Do
Hope your weekend treats you well!!
Wow, what gorgeous pieces! I didn't know that Rachel Ashwell collected this china-this was a very interesting post!
Best wishes for a fabulous weekend,
Natasha.
oh these are just so beautiful!!! with such lovely photos!!! hope you have a gorgeous week!!!
What a fun and unusual cup! You asked about my pitcher, and YES it's Johnson Bros! Good eye! Jacqueline
I Love your blog! Thank you so much for coming over to mine and leaving such a sweet comment. I officially became one of your "followers" today! :-)
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com
Your teacups are beautiful! Your picture too. :)
Oh my - always so many pretty china pieces here! And nice stories to go with it! xoxo Nancy
Nice collection - thanks for sharing it with us.
What beautiful teacups those are! This is an area I'm seriously lacking in...I have no china:( But it's on my list!
How delicate and lovely. Thanks for kind words about my reupholstered chair.
Thank you for the visit to my blog and kind comment. I adore your's. I have a large collection of Queen ElizabethII .Some pictures are on my side bar.
Smiles,
Dottie
♥
What a beautiful collectible cup and saucer!...Christine
What beautiful teacups......I adore the Royal Family.I also collect teacups with the royal Family. Thanks for sharing. :-)
Hello...
I just had to come by after reading the sweet note that you left on my Tea Rose bedroom...you made my day with your sweet words!!! Thank you, my friend!
Well, I am sooo glad that I came by! I really enjoyed this post about China and Royalty! Ohhh my, I have seen some fabulous pieces...at least in the books! Hehe! Your teacup commemorating the Queen Mother is just exquisite! Love that soft blue and pink roses! What a treasure!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful teacup with us!!!
Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design
The Queen Mother tea cup is so lovely in design and color. It is indeed a fitting and beautiful piece.
lovely cup of the Queen Mother - she always looked so happy and cute
Hi Fitty
Beautiful photos of a MOST Beautiful Tea Cup
Great post, Gail
You really have your hand full! All the packing . . . and I mean careful packing - just thinking of these beautiful teacups carefully wrapped.
So pretty is that one with a surprise pink rose on the inside :-)
I wish your family well on your (temporary) move. :-)
Happy Pink Saturday!
Mizpah,
Li
Post a Comment