Tureens..

Happy Tuesday everyone.. I am sort of early a day for my Vintage Thingy Thursday.. hehehe and also for Rednesday..

Today I am gonna share with you four of my floral tureens.. these are just some of the tureens I have, scattered all over my house.. Yatt, my dear sister, this post is for you.. :-)

and these four are my favourites.. they have some reds, pinks, blues and greens colour..

just look at the lids.. with crack lines and chipped here & there.. what makes them all so vintagey and love by me.. :-)

this one above, I called cabbage rose tureen, came from Kak Hanim.. thanks kak.. I really love this one.. I can't thank you enuff.. muahhhs! hehehehe

next tureen above, came from En Nassir.. thank you so much Nassir! even with visible crack lines, the tureen still look pretty.. especially the roses..

then came the above tureen.. which I found during one of my flea market trip many moons ago..

and last but not least.. this pink cabbage roses.. I saw this at Tasha's page not so long ago and straight away fell in love with it..

what makes me fall in love with this tureen is the shape of it.. very classic looking.. with scroll edge around the body of the tureen..

and the lid, just look at the roses! Don't you just love them.. so pretty pink in threes. I must say this tureen above is my all time favourite.. I was told by Tasha that this tureen almost 100 years old.. hehehe am I right Tasha? hehehe

but the most antique tureen I have is this tureen above.. it was once belong to my late great grandmother.. this tureen age more than 60 years old..

look at the lid.. with crack line and faded colour flowers.. showing how once upon a time, this tureen was used daily.. and loved..

this is the only tureen I have to remind me of my late great grandmother.. Nenek Esah.. Nek, I love you and miss you so much.. I miss the time I played in your garden.. with all the cheerful sweet smelling and beautiful flowers.. and I also miss your cooking.. Chicken & Beef Rendang, Ayam Masak Merah.. (Chicken cook in red gravy sauce) just tasty.. How I wish I could go back to the yesteryears and be like a child again.. young & free.. :-)


so lovely ladies, please hop over to Tam, Sue and Suzanne for more of lovely redness and vintagey thing to enjoy!

UPDATE :

Some one recently asked me, whether I use my tureens / casseroles / soup bowls to some of you.. my answer is, No, I don't use them for daily usage.. due to the age and afraid it will break, those tureens are more for displays..

Next question is, do I collect everything? my answer is YES if the colour is PINK, Green, Purple/lilac and Aqua and have roses on them.. :-) I do have other tureens in my home.. these four are the flowery ones.. I have two more Meakin tureens one in pink and one in blue. I also have Oriental Ceramics tureens in white & blue floral, left by my mom back 10 years ago and also few white ones..

and I thank Heather from Pretty Petals who is my source of inspirations.. I love her tureens.. of course my tureens are not as pretty as hers here and here.. her house always look so beautiful and her collections are to die for!.. check out her flickr! You will be amazed..

34 comments:

Connie said...

Darling, sweetpea. You've got some wonderful things in that home of yours, sugar........
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

You have quite a lot of tureen collection. I'm new to the word but judging from your collection they're made specially for soups? LoL I have to apologize for being naive on this one :-)

I think I like your great grandma's. I like the shape and I like that it is something passed down within the family :-)

(I've seen your reading nook on the previous post and that's a lot of books you have!)

Gee said...

Salam Fitty.

Love your tureen collection especially the third one. Thanks for sharing.

azah said...

Fitty..byknya koleksi tureen..antique but gorgeous....I love them all...

Blondie's Journal said...

Fitty,

You have quite a collection of beautiful tureens! Somehow I knew they would have roses on them!

xoxo
Jane

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nice collection of tureens, Fitty! I love the pink cabbage roses one! Happy REDnesday and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Carrie said...

You have a nice collection of rosey tureens. Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

Call me young but I have never seen anything like those before! Very nice. I love all things flowers. What a collection!

~Yatt~ said...

salam sis aziah..first of all..I would like to say..billion thanks for this special n3 for me..I really in love with all your pretty collections..I wish I have like yours..apparently I only have the plain ones..really hope that I can find one that within my budget..hehehe.. :-)

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

It is so nice that you have such a remembrance of your great grandmother. All of your tureens are very beautiful.

Barb said...

Your dishes are all just lovely!!! So pretty.

Barb

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a lovely blog, and what pretty and well-loved tureens! I like the cracks, too, it gives them character!

I wish I had my grandmother's old white tureen...the lid was long gone and the handles were chipped but boy the LOVE that was served up!!!

SueLovesCherries said...

They're all so pretty - it's hard to choose a favorite!

LV said...

What a wonderful collection. All the items you shared today were lovely. Thanks for stopping by post.

LADY JANE said...

Love em' Sweet fitty...do you ever use them or are they just for "pretties"! I love how you covered all in one post with your treasures!

Lori E said...

No wonder I don't have any tureens. You have them all.
Nice collection though.

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Oh those are just wonderful...... the sweet lids ..... the lovely flowers oh I just love them....
HUgs
Linda

★Carol★ said...

Hi Fitty! All of your tureens are so beautiful, but my two favorites (I couldn't pick just one!) are the one with the red roses, and the one that was your great grandmother's. It must mean so much to you. And you made me hungry!

Janet, said...

You have quite a few of those. My favorite is the 4th one down, because of it's shape.

Unknown said...

You have FOUR or more tureens, and I have NONE?! What's wrong with me? or maybe with you? There's got to be a happy medium. LOL

Postcardy said...

Those are very vintagey looking.

Coloradolady said...

Fitty, what a great collection....I would expect that from you!! love the one that was your grandma's. So pretty. I just don't have room for any of these in my home, or you would bet I would have a few myself.

Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

Ulla said...

The fourth one is my favourite too, with that special shape. All the roses are beautiful.

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hi Fitty, i dont even own 1 tureen so i will have to drool over yours.They are so gorgeous! My mum has a few that you'd probably love!

Hugs,
Shannon :)

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

Wonderfully beautiful china Tureens!
Happy VTT!
Cathy

Susan said...

Fabulous!

CC said...

Your tureens are just gorgeous..I love them all, with their beautiful roses. I think your collections in pinks are my favorites.. Happy VTT, and have a wonderful weekend.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So pretty.

Threeundertwo said...

I'm new to your blog and I absolutely love it! What a beautiful collection of tureens. They have such elegant shapes. I love all the roses.

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Hi Fitty,

I love your tureens. I have one from my grandmother that I just love. It is white with pretty pink roses on it. I never met this particular grandma, but enjoy having the tureen just the same. I use it just once in a while for holiday dinners and such. You have a wonderful PINK week!

Judy

Becky said...

Beautiful! I have a couple of tureens too and they are so wonderful.

Happy VTT!!

Anonymous said...

what lovely shapes and designs..they display beautifully :)

Roslyn said...

Roses roses roses you never disappoint me Fitty!

Bea said...

Beautiful tureens. I love looking at your roses.

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.