Remembering the good old days..

I remember the good old days, when I was small, my dad's work had brought him to all over the world and to receive letters or postcards from him is such a happy moment for me and my brother..

Dad used to work with Inland Revenue Department, with his high post at that time, we used to be posted to several places. Dad also went to UCLA and later to Harvard University, to further his study/short courses. During that time, dad used to send us lots of postcards and photos..

I can't remember where I keep those photos, maybe I can ask mom.. but I do found some of the postcards and letters dad used to write to us back in the 80's, in one of my shoe boxes..

shoe boxes always my fave storage to keep all the momentos that dad gave me.. all sorts of letters and postcards, nicely kept and hidden from itchy fingers of my other siblings.. and also from mom.. hehehehe

and not forgetting Mr Postman, who ended up being our best friend at that time.. hehehehe we would wait for the sound of his motorbike almost every day..

and talking about postman.. I also remember the red mail box mom used to hang at our front entrance gate.. the shape of the mail box is just like the photos I shared here.. but of course without the pinky stripe, roses and lace.. hehehehe

now the red mail box is just a memory.. and last week, I received this from Kak Anim.. she made this mail box so beautifully that I couldn't resist to have one in my houseshold..

what I love about this mailbox is the roses she used and also the lace.. and yeap.. now, it sit nicely at my entrance hall.. for me to enjoy the beauty of it..

7 comments:

Coloradolady said...

What a beautiful mailbox, perfect...with the roses. Have a wonderful weekend Fitty!! Stop back on Sunday, I am having a giveaway....

azah said...

cutenya mail box tu, pink and roses are always my favourite..mahal tak?..hehe..bapa fitty penah study kat Harvard, anaknya pun mesti genius jugak kan?..

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

salam kak azah..

hehehehehe.. harganya kena tanya kak anim.. dia ada macam2 rupa mail box dia.. cantek2.. mahal tak jugak, murah pun tak jugak..

bapak je study sana.. anak dia tak genius mana pun.. biasa2 je.. :P

Gee said...

Salam Fitty.

Kenangan manis itu akan bersama kita hingga ke akhir hayat.

Connie said...

That truly is a darling work or art, sugar! I can see why you keep it out in public view in your home. Gorgeous. I think I'll do one also.
xoxo,
Connie

Kim said...

So cute!! What a great little mailbox. You are so lucky to find such wondeful things to add to your collections.

Have a great weekend!

HazCottageCHaRm said...

Aziah ...tk you so much sis for your continuous support....muachs.....

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.