Puttering Pink..

Happy Pink Saturday girls! and a big thank you to Beverly who never fails to bring us all pinky girls get together and party!.. hehehehehe

This week, I am sharing with you what I've been up too recently.. I've been playing with perfume bottles, talcum powder tins and corsage..

I have always dreaming of having my very own pretty romantic bathroom.. but having three kids who love water like no other business, I just go to put the idea to some other places.. seriously my kids love to play with water in the bathroom.. especially the boys.. they love to splash not only to themselves but the walls, the towel holder and gosh.. the whole bathroom I guess!.. hehehehe

So, the only place that is safe and I can sit down & play house with my dream and collection is in my bedroom.. I used this small vintage vanity mirror I bought years ago from eBay and gathered few perfume bottles.. which two are vintagy ones.. the pink & gold atomizers and the rest of the bottles came from my own collection.. not so new.. but few years back.. and I also add the bottles I bought from Celeste.. the ruby red bottles with handpainted pink roses with rhinestone..

The 1940's pink corsage also joined the display.. I love the corsage so pretty sweet with small velvety flowers.. bought it from Karen at CiderAntiques..

then few days ago, I found this pink Yardley talcum powder.. I've been searching for this tin forever I guess.. I remembered my parents love using Yardley English Lavender talcum powder so much in the 7os and 80s.. the tin was in silver and purplish colour.. with an English lady in ballgown on its cover.. do you remember it? hehehehehe now, Yardley had changed their packaging.. even tho' not as beautiful as their old ones, still look pretty to me..

I also collect talcum powder tins from Marks & Spencers.. they are so pretty actually.. I got few of them.. the pink rose is my fave after lavender..

so girls, thats for now.. hope you enjoy my posting and don't ever forget to visit Beverly.. and the rest of the girls! Adieu! Have a wonderful weekend!

45 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Aren't you sweet to leave me the first comment. I love reading your blog! So much to look at and everything so pretty!
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Jil

Claudia said...

I love all your pretty pink things that are just for you! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Fitty. Thanks for leaving me the comment that you were participating. I did add you to the list.

I love all of your pretties today. I have a few vintage perfume bottles on my dresser. I'll have to show them some day - but none of them are pink.

My name is Riet said...

LOvely pink post. I love the bottles and the yardley talcumpowder tin. Happy pink Saturday

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I really love your little arrangement. I love vintage bathroom accesories. You have them arranged so nicely.
Molly

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Very pretty pink! HPS!

Elyse said...

nice to have your own girlie pink spaces in a house full of boys!

happy PS!

xinex said...

Love all your vintage pinks!...Christine

Light and Voices said...

Happy first day of Spring. I love those vintage bathroom accessories.
Joyce

Shirley said...

I love your pink pretties. Happy Pink Saturday.

♥Mimi♥ said...

I just ♥ what you've shared this week. Pink Saturday is like candy for me...just can't get enough!

You are sending your goodies to me, aren't you? I'll be waiting for the UPS dude by the front door ☺

Lori Lynn said...

*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* HAPPY PINK SATURDAY *

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love all your pretty pinks. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

SmilingSally said...

What a Pretty Pink collection. I always loved the atomizer with the bulb to squeeze. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday.

Deanna said...

Hi Fitty!
I love your vintage goodies. I do remember my grandmother having that Yardley tin.

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday and have a great first weekend of Spring ~ Susan

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Fitty, I love all your pinkness you showed today!
Happy Pink Saturday...
~Ann

Betty said...

♥Happy Pink First Day of Spring♥ I just bought a vintage powder can. Does that mean I am about to start another collection?! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely collection put together very artfully.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Kris

Glennis said...

Looks like you are keeping a pretty little girly-pink place away from the rough and tumble! Good for you!

Have a wonderful Pink SAturday, Fitty!

Ivy Bend said...

Love the Yardley tin. My mother always used Yardley Lavender--everything; soap, talc, calogne. I have a yellow one, but I'd much rather have lavender or rose.

Chandy said...

What a simply beautiful collection! Definitely worthy of Pink Saturday!

KatCollects said...

I love your display, the corsage is beautiful. I paged down and saw some of your pictures of your collection, wow... you have a beautiful home and such wonderful treasures, so pretty. Happy pink Saturday.
Kathy

Melissa Miller said...

Love all your pretty Pink perfumes!

Happy Spring! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely Pinks - English Lavendar, I remember that. Happy Pink Saturday and have a wonderful new week.

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Happy PS, Fitty! Glad you stopped by to see me. I enjoyed your pink post.

Hugs,
Judy

Linda said...

Happy Pink Saturday, your pinks are just lovely!

LADY JANE said...

Oh...I so remember the Yardley...my Noni had a dresser full! I love your collection! I'm smiling about your splashing boys!Happy Pink Saturday to you!

Betzie said...

How gorgeous is that display??? Just my cup of tea!!! Love it all! xo betzie

Catharina Maria said...

Love your pink things !
Rini the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Yes, I remember Yardley - it was oh so popular with the "British Invasion" - Beatles, Twiggy, etc. Am I old? Oh course, I have older sisters - LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Char said...

You did a great job and I hear ya about the water, just look at it this way, it's a great way to keep the bath clean because you are always mopping up!! Your display brought back memories of things I used to use. Happy Pink Saturday and thankyou for the share, Char

Amy said...

I love all of your "pretties". the bottles are so dainty and feminine. It makes one happy to be a girly girl!

amy@maisonbelle

Jenny said...

Love it! So girly and pink!!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the collection of parfum bottles!

Anonymous said...

Oh..do I recognize this!! I've also have 3 boys and so here Pink is banned to the bedroom as well. Nice pictures!

Happy Pink Saturday...eh..Sunday!

Stephenie said...

You have so many pretty things. I alway love looking at your pictures and blog.
Stephenie

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Your pretty pink things are so beautiful.
greetings marja

Anonymous said...

All your pinks are just beautiful. I love the older tins also, and yours are wonderful. Happy belated Pink Saturdat..sorry I'm a day late.

Anonymous said...

Your vanity is such a darling with all the pink stuffs and clear perfume glasses :-)

Lara said...

oh, my, look at all those pink treasures! a great sight!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful tins & powder jars, Fitty!! Love it all.

Happy Pink Saturday a little late!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I have had soooo much fun for the past SEVERAL minutes visiting your darling blog! It's always so cheerful and uplifting!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Unknown said...

Every girly girl needs a special place just for pink! :)
~Liz

Monica said...

Sorry for being late... your pink stuff is beautiful!
Monica.

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.