
Oh boy another Saturday is here and where was I the last couple of days ago? hehehehehe.. btw, I am sorry that I've been neglecting my blogsville town.. I seriously have no spare time to hit the keyboard for a short prose or long post.. *sigh* My full time job really took all my time..
anyway, I am so glad to join
Beverly again this week in her Pink Saturday show & tell.. and this week, I am happy to share with you lovely ladies on my latest collection which is Victorian Gift Books.

I didn't really know about this Victorian gift books until I read Romantic Country Magazine and Romantic Homes Magazine. They had an article about Gift Books and Autograph Books.. which I got so interested. The magazines showed so many beautiful books with
pink flowers, poems either long or short ones and just awesome!
And so I do what I got to do.. I surfed the net and bought two books one is the Wedding Book from Etsy. The book dated 1927.. and had lovely pictures of
pink roses, names of the bride & bridegroom and beautiful poems..

then I bought another book from eBay dated 1906. It is a Victorian Gift Book given to someone during Xmas time. Very small with covers almost torn apart but that is fine with me coz the pages inside were awesome! pages after pages of short poems, love quotes and plenty of roses pictures in red,
pink and yellow.. I just love it.. No wonder Christina Strutt loves Victorian Gift Books so much!.

Pictures in this post are just some of them.. and it didn't do any justice! I am so proud to have these two books for a start.. who knows I might add more in years to come..


so, lovely ladies, I do hope you have a wonderful weekend with your love ones and do visit Beverly's pink saturday post. You will be amazed at the long list of lovely girls with lots of pink stuff to share!.. Adieu!
34 comments:
Hi Fitty, very pretty vintage cards you have there, sweet chick!
Smooches and happy pink saturday,
Connie
Happy Pink Saturday! Those are just lovely books. Thanks for sharing. :-) Stacey
Those are beautiful. I should have a few to lay around the Shabby Old House.
A Victorian guest book would be wonderful.
Happy PS
Becky
What beautifully illustrated books those are! I like them...
Very pretty!! Happy Pink Saturday!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
You are a collector for sure. Just pretty. Happy Pink Saturday! I'm giving away a BOX of new books. Come enter.
The books are lovely - I especially like the Bridal Blossoms. The handwriting is so pretty. Happy Pink Saturday.
Sweetie
I love those sweet, sentimental old paper goods - I love the fact that collectors use the word "emphemera" to describe such things. Very beautiful.
Happy Pink Saturday!
These PINK roses are fantastic!
~ Gabriela ~
Happy Pink Saturday!! Great books!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
The books are just lovely....Victorian is my first love...there is just something so Romantic about the time.....great post...
Hugs,
Mo :-)
*giggles* pinkie day is here! Well, my dear, you need to take a "chat break" anytime soon! Just wave your hand like telling 'em beat it! *giggles* Loving your explore adventure of finding those vintage stuffs! ciao!
Oh my goodness those books are simply AMAZING! How beautiful and lucky are you!!
Happy PINK Sat!
Beautiful books. TFS :)
Very pretty!! Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia
Those books are sometimes hard to believe in how beautiful they are! Happy Pink Saturday!
Oh, what beauties! Truly, they are. Such sweet vintage treasures.
Happy Pink Saturday!
K-
Happy PS, Fitty!
Love those books!
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
How lovely and vintage! Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Beautiful books, I hope you get some rest soon from work and have a great weekend.
Kathy
Pretty vintage books. Great pink. Enjoy your day
Happy Pink Saturday, dear Fitty.
Girl, I know just what you mean about work. I have been so ... busy.
I can see why you love your two new books. Just imagine the stories they would tell if they could talk.
Fitty,
Your newly aquired victorian gift books are gorgeous. I have seen similar ones and magazines myself and have always wanted to start a collection of them. After seeing your lovely post, I may just have to start hunting for them in the antique stores I visit.
Happy Pink Saturday!!
Hello! Happy Pink Saturday. What a pretty book! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
I enjoyed viewing your beautiful vintage books. Wonderful treasures from the past. Take care~
Lovely books! What treasures they are! Reading magazines is dangerous, isn't it? tee hee! I often see things in magazines that I HAVE to HAVE! Blogland is the same way, so many lovely things (so little money!)
Have a lovely day!
Margie :)
Thanks for sharing your pink goodies.
Hi! I read that same article and salivated a little over those books. So neat that you own a couple of your own now! Makes me want to do an ebay search... ;o)
Great keepsakes!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Stephanie
What lovely pink books! The covers of Romantic Homes and Country Magazine are soooo beautiful in their pinks I could take a bite! *g*.. well they are so lovely. I find that with some of my decorating mags too.
Thank you for sharing.
Judi
Stop by and visit me too. I have a giveaway..read about it on Friday's post.
I saw the magazine article and love the book you have found,
Hugs,
Judy
Beautiful Pinks - I love the vintage cards. You have a wonderful collection. Happy Pink Saturday.
Those books are beautiful! I'm going to have to go look on Ebay now!
I love beautiful books from the past such as yours. I would love to see Life's Roses. It looks lovely.
Post a Comment