Summer is here.. and I am joining Kathy from
Kathy's Cottage to celebrate summer in her summer recipe swap.. the idea is to exchange easy summer recipes that had become main dishes in our everyday life.. it should be easy and simple to prepare..
and this time, I am sharing with all of you two of our family favorite recipes which we cook regularly namely Fried Rice with salted fish and Broccoli Chicken stir fry. I don't know whether you have eaten these before but..

I've been cooking both recipes in big wok almost every week either for dinner or breakfast and sometimes lunch.. and never get bored.. actually there are two types of fried rice you can try, one is without chili paste and one with chili paste.. and we love them both.. as Asian people, we love our food a lil bit spicy hehehehe..

There are so many version of fried rice recipes but this is a simpler version of mine.. and hope you give it a try..
Fried Rice with salted fishIngredients
400g leftover cooked rice, kept overnight
75g prawns, shelled
50g salted fish, chopped and soaked
2 tbsp frozen green peas
2 eggs
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil 8 shallots, 2 clove garlic pounded together with dried chilies which you already boiled in hot water to make it soft
Seasoning:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
Dash of pepper
Garnishing:
1 tbsp chopped spring onions
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp chopped red chilli Method
Heat oil in a wok until hot, fry salted fish until crispy and golden. Dish out and set aside.
Heat remaining oil and add in sesame oil. Add prawns and fry until heated through. Dish out & side aside. Then add in the pounded garlic, shallots with dried chilies and stir fry until fragrance. then add in back the prawns. stir fry again for a minute or two. Put in the rice and toss briefly and add in seasoning. Stir-fry well to combine.
Make a well in the centre of the rice. Beat in the eggs. Add a dash of pepper and cover the eggs with the rice for one to two minutes.
Toss and fry rice well until well heated through. Should it be a bit too dry, add a little more oil to glaze. Add in the peas and toss well to combine. Put back the fried salted fish to mix.
You actually can omit the salted fish if you didn't have any and replace with diced chicken, squid or beef.. but if you wanna give it a try.. do visit Asian Groceries store to get your salted fish. You also can add slice fish cake, shredded Chinese cabbage or lettuce, soak & slice dried mushroom, spicy sausages to give it more texture.. if you want less spicy, you may take out the pounded garlic, shallots & chilies.
while this is our favorite
Broccoli chicken stir fry as side dish.

Here are the ingredients: -
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red pepper
- 500 gm boneless chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon chicken granules
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
crush, peel and chop garlic. peel onion and cut into quarters. cut broccoli into florets, peel broccoli stem and cut into strips. cut pepper in half and remove core then cut into thin strip. Heat oil in a wok. stir fr garlic, onion, ginger, broccoli and pepper for 3 to 4 mins. remove from work and set aside. stir fry chicken for 2 to 3 mins until just cook. then add in mixture of soy sauce, sugar, chicken granules and cornflour together. heat through for another minute or two and serve immediately..
About my stir fry picture.. hehehe I hope you don't wonder about the picture, did I cook in small batches? well, NO NO, I actually forgot to snap the picture earlier (yes I know Silly me! :P), when it was hot and piping and in a big pile.. hehehehe.. and so.. this was the leftover.. I am so sorry. :-) my kids like it so much and it was gone with a blink of an eye.. hehehe
I do hope you could give it a try while I got to go blog hopping to see what other recipes I could also do at home.. till then
HAPPY COOKING!.. and time fly very fast and this is my 100th post already!.. :-)
7 comments:
These look fabulous Fitty! I love stir fry and now I have some authentic stir fry recipes to try:>)
My husband would love both of these dishes. I will definitely prepare them for our family.
Or maybe we'll just come eat with you.
They sound divine, my chickee! Chicken broccoli is one of our favorites!!
Smoochies,
Connie
Hi Fitty, Thank you so much for these two "stir-fry" recipes!!!...They sound wonderful!...and thank you for including where to get the salted fish, etc....I so appreciate that!...Enjoy your day!...HeidiXO
Hi Fitty, Your recipes look very yummy!! We just love stir fry and make it often, but your dishes sound so delish. I love chicken and broccoli. Congrats on your
100th post!!
hugs,
Celestina
la rea rose
Stopped to see your PINK ! All this Food is making me Hungry !
Yummy = Word of the Day
I love brocolli. I love chicken. I love stirfry! Thanks so much for sharing.
Post a Comment