Come & have a sneak peek!


teehee..

Pretty isn't it?
teehee..

This week, I would love to share my very first chintzy teaset for six setting..
this set is called Du Barry by James Kent
A very vintagey one!

I don't know much about Chintz but I do know that
James Kent Ltd was not the only one produced chintzes,
there are other well known producers in Chintzy
i.e. Lord Nelson & Grimwades / Royal Winton..
to name a few!

Nevertheless,
James Kent produced whole series of Chintzes
and DuBarry is one of them and widely sold in North America, if not mistaken.

And this Chintzy of mine ~ DuBarry, was produced somewhere in the 30's and even tho' the set came without serial number stamp underneath, I am still happy with this set!

Finally I have a chintz set by James Kent, DuBarry ~ Fenton

come and see it up close & personal..
tea cup, saucer and small cake plate

Beautiful indeed!

Welp, yesterday I found a creamer and sugar bowl from an online shop
and now all I got to find is the teapot!
teehee..
so wish me luck!

Should you want to see more Chintzes series, you can visit Cindy and also Tales from the OC cottage. Both of them have quite a collection!


Don't forget to visit all these lovely girls as I am joining them in their memes for this week!

33 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Fitty, you have gotten my full attention with the chintzy teacup! I adore chintz and I cannot get enough of it! There is just something about all those posies sprinkled on china that sets my heart to pitter-patter! Thank you for sharing your sweet chintz. I will get you linked up to Tea Time but I won't be posting until Monday. Till then, have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Beautiful,I just posted one of my own named Paragon,Please drop by and take a peek

suzyq said...

Fitty, your chintz ware is just 'to die for'. Wonderful, wonderful - I love it.
Suzyq

Olivia said...

Oh Fitty, I have never seen "vintage chintz" this is just breathtaking! I love the way you have it all fluffed up. Thank you for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday sweets!
Hugs,
Olivia

Gee said...

salam fitty,

Akak dah datang singgah di cni tgk yr new collection. What a pretty one. Thanks for always sharing something beautiful.

Kathy said...

These are exquisite Fitty! Just love Chintz!
Kathy

High Street Cottage said...

Fitty, that cup and saucer certainly had your name written all over it. I love chintz, have had to literally tell myself no when it comes to collecting it, as I have too much already (what? did I say that?) lol i'ts beautiful my dear, simply beautiful

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I luv your chintz china very pretty and you did a beautiful job displaying it all in your photos. Have a good day....Julian

Little Pink Studio said...

Beautiful set, who wouldn't love it?
I just love the name "du barry" too, sounds so romantic.
Cerri xo

jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

So pretty!!!
I've been looking at your blog and there are so many pretty things :)
Thanks for visiting me, too
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Fitty,
I do hope that you can find the tea pot online!!

Just a beautiful and colorful pattern on this tea cup and saucer!!
Just stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Entre Nous said...

Oh my favorite china pattern. I have a small tray that holds a sugar and creamer set, have never seen another peice like it till this. Gorgeous. Lov'n the old illustration book as well. Tumbled into your site and I love it.

xinex said...

Your chintz tea cup set is just adorable, Fitty!...Christine

Bookie said...

What an eye fetching set! I love chintz but only have one lone cup...alwyas looking. Yours is so pretty! It would fit in with any color scheme.

Snap said...

What wonderful eye candy! Beautiful chintz teacup. Loved the presentation. Happy tea day!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my, so beautiful! I've always loved floral teacups, and these are so gorgeous!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Fitty!
Oh, I LOVE your post! I just LOVE chintz, but wish it wasn't so expensive! I have a few newer pieces and love them so. Thanks so much for sharing yours with us.

Happy Tea!
Lorena

Marie said...

Bonjour Fitty - J'adore your DuBarry teaset. The colors are sooo lovely! I wonder if it's named after Madame DuBarry???

Happy Tea Tuesday!
-marie

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Fitty,
your Chintzy cup is certainly a special beauty. I love that the handle is fully patterned, too. And this cute flowers are made in so bright colors. What a luck to find sugar and creamter to that. I keep my fingers crossed that you will find a tea pot, too.
Girl, you made me so mad with your beautiful tea cups that I already ordered in Great Britain some tea cup trios. When they arrive, I will make a nice tea time for you!
Greetings, Johanna

Kimberly said...

Your chintz set is gorgeous! The best I've ever seen!

Princesa Nadie said...

A lovely Tea Cup!
Hugs

Pellie / Penny said...

Chintz is so awesome, and yours is beautiful. And lucky you finding a set and being able to add extra pieces.

Hugs,
Penny

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Fitty: I love Chintz. Your cup is stunning. I am so glad you shared it with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Lucky, lucky girl! I am more of a pottery girl but I do LOVE chintz. I only have a few pieces, it has become so pricey, but I love looking all those wonderfully colorful flowers, so sweet.

Coloradolady said...

Fitty....what wonderful china. I love the pattern, so pretty. Happy VTT!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Your set of China is just beautiful. I posted the winner of the truck contest my sisters and I had back in September. I also am having a give away for my 100th blog in just a few days so hope you will be able to come by for a visit. Debbie

LV said...

That is a very pretty tea set. I have not seen that one. I am sure a cup of tea from that set would be very good.

Postcardy said...

Your chintzy set is beautiful.

Terri said...

What a gorgeous chintz tea set! Lucky you! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, I love seeing it.
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Wow, your set is absolutely beautiful. I loooove this pattern. Its really something else.

GardenOfDaisies said...

That is soooo pretty! I love chintz too.

Bohemian said...

Chintz is so vibrant and cheerful, I only own a few pieces of mismatched Chintz... yours is just exquisite and your photograpy is captivating!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Patti said...

Here it is Saturday, and I'm still making the Tea Tuesday rounds. Sorry to be so late visiting...I just didn't get much computer time this past week.

Anyhow, your chintz teacup is stunning. I LOVE all the beautiful colors. What a gorgeous tea break you will enjoy with that tea set.

Blessings,
Patti

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.