Small token comes with friendship

this child like cup
was a gift to me
not so long ago..
by someone I just got to know.

Thank you friend
for this small token
coz I shall cherish it forever.

I really love this small art deco coffee cup, New Hall with Hanley
stamp at the bottom of the cup & saucer.
Even tho' it is small in size, with crazing and hairlines,
still it look so pretty with blue band around the saucer
and the cup.

even the handle of this delicate cup look so unique,
and reminds me of the teacups I used to play when I was a child myself!..

I remember, mom & dad bought me a big set of tea set that came with
two tiers trolley, 6 small cups and saucers, teapot, plates, spoons, forks
and faux cakes and pastries..

We, my brother and I, used to play house with the tea set..
and it was one of our good old times together,
otherwise, we would be at each others throat!
teehee..
Oh boy, how I wish I still have the set,
but welp, that was years ago..
mom had giveaway some of our toys since
we used to move around the country every three to four years
due to the nature of dad's job at that time.

but anyhow, this coffee cup still one of my fave!
I do love the floral painting on them..
they look so much like flowers at the meadows, don't they?

so till then girls,
don't forget to visit

http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
and
My Romantic Home
with more lovely stories to cheer your day!

Adieu!
happy people..
xo
fitty

20 comments:

Sandy said...

What a pretty little teacup and saucer!

Victorian1885 said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway today..good luck! Your cup & saucer are lovely..

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a beautiful cup and saucer!!! I have just taken a quick look around your blog, and I am your newest follower. I will be back to visit again soon.

Princesa Nadie said...

Your little tea cup is lovely!and what pretty memory ...I played together with my sisters with little cups and saucer too...
Visiting you is always a pleasure
Hugs

PeggyR said...

That's a beautiful cup! I would like to know if you received your prize from Miss Rhea back in June from her giveaway? I've never received mine...Peggy

Shirl said...

Hello Fitty, I'm still making my Pink Saturday visits. Love your pink post this week. THis is an adorable teacup and saucer.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Vonlipi said...

That is really dainty and cute!

Happy VTT!

LV said...

I have not seen this style cup before. It has such an interesting design. That one is a keeper.

Paulette said...

Such a pretty cup. Love the painted floral scene!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! What a thoughtful gift!

Miri said...

Sweet, sweet teacup and saucer. What a lovely gift.

Postcardy said...

Your cup and saucer are very pretty. I would enjoy using those.

Karen said...

What a sweet little teacup and saucer. You certain have an equally sweet friend.
Thanks for your visit today. I think we share an interest in dishes with a history.
Have a great day!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

What a nice new friend. Lovely teacup and saucer. :-)

Coloradolady said...

Fitty...what a beauty this is!! I love it, and don't think I have ever seen anything like this before. Have a great VTT!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

What a precious gift from your new friend! Enjoy!

Happy VTT,
Sally

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Fitty,
What a lovely little tea cup
and saucer!!
And such a nice gift from a special friend!!
Debbie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Fitty,
You have the prettiest treasures and this cup and saucer is gorgeous. How wonderful to receive from a friend.
I so enjoyed my visit and so nice to see you today. Thank you for stopping by and good luck in my giveaway.
You are a dear.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anna said...

Very beautiful cup. Reminds me of my little teacup from when I was little.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Wow, your cup and saucer are just beautiful!
Thank you for sharing!
Have a good evening!
Leticia
www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.