Lately, I've been collecting unwanted, rusty, crooked, engraved silverware
after seeing this photo from early this year Cottages & Bungalows mag.
This is the photo that inspired me so much and somehow move me
to start a collection, which I eventually did,
S L O W L Y..
Apart from Jodie's photos above,
another person who inspires me
a lot in many many ways
is Ms. Heather Bullard..
Her blog is full of beautiful stories, photos and ideas.
Her frequent trips to flea markets and came back
with hundreds of photos to inspire us,
is what I always look forward to..
especially about her desk that she bought
and turned it into something beautiful, is just amazing..
and her new redo kitchen has been my all time fave kitchen!
I want the same kitchen if possible!
lol..
but of all the photos she took,
this photo of hers, really caught me by surprise that something
that we use daily and sometimes overlook their beauty,
could be this beautiful when put it together..
Not only that, she also loves to put the flatwares or silverwares
in a small vase or creamer, pitcher either glass or pottery or
ceramic, or even milk glass
and yet they all look sooo pretty together..
just like this photos here, here, here and here..
So, now, am sharing with you,
my small collection of silverware that came from various places..
Of course they are not so bright and shinny like brand new,
but being a vintage girl at heart,
anything that rusty and chip just add stories to the pretties..
Most of these forks and spoons have W.M.Rogers stamp
and serial numbers and some came with dates like Jan 4, 1910.
Isn't that awesome?!
I have a 100 years old spoon!
And some are Oneidas.
Welp, I am an easy person,
I don't really mind having some vintagey or antique pretties
that came with chips, small stains, dented, rusty
as long as the pretties are something that I love, rare and hard to get..
I really love the flower pattern on each of them..
some are roses, some are daisies..
and most of the time,
they are just pretty..
I guess, a scrub or two,
here and there
would make this ugly duckling turn into gem!
Don't you agree?!
lol
I hope you enjoy the photos and in the mean time,
my search on vintage silverware is still on..
Thanks for the visit and do give Suzanne and Cindy
a visit for more stories..
after seeing this photo from early this year Cottages & Bungalows mag.
to start a collection, which I eventually did,
S L O W L Y..
Apart from Jodie's photos above,
another person who inspires me
a lot in many many ways
is Ms. Heather Bullard..
Her blog is full of beautiful stories, photos and ideas.
Her frequent trips to flea markets and came back
with hundreds of photos to inspire us,
is what I always look forward to..
especially about her desk that she bought
and turned it into something beautiful, is just amazing..
and her new redo kitchen has been my all time fave kitchen!
I want the same kitchen if possible!
lol..
but of all the photos she took,
this photo of hers, really caught me by surprise that something
that we use daily and sometimes overlook their beauty,
could be this beautiful when put it together..
Not only that, she also loves to put the flatwares or silverwares
in a small vase or creamer, pitcher either glass or pottery or
ceramic, or even milk glass
and yet they all look sooo pretty together..
just like this photos here, here, here and here..
So, now, am sharing with you,
my small collection of silverware that came from various places..
and serial numbers and some came with dates like Jan 4, 1910.
Isn't that awesome?!
I have a 100 years old spoon!
And some are Oneidas.
I don't really mind having some vintagey or antique pretties
that came with chips, small stains, dented, rusty
as long as the pretties are something that I love, rare and hard to get..
some are roses, some are daisies..
and most of the time,
they are just pretty..
here and there
would make this ugly duckling turn into gem!
Don't you agree?!
lol
my search on vintage silverware is still on..
Thanks for the visit and do give Suzanne and Cindy
a visit for more stories..


Till then!
Adieu!
xo
fitty
(this is a schedule post. a day earlier for the memes as I am neither here nor there)
Adieu!
xo
fitty
(this is a schedule post. a day earlier for the memes as I am neither here nor there)

36 comments:
Fitty, I love the look of your blog now. So fresh and clean. Utensils that pretty are meant to be displayed and seen, sweets!
xoxo,
Connie
oh i love all of them...shiney or not! they are so charming...and imagine from where they came, how they were used...and all the dinner conversations they've listened too...well, if they had ears, that is! lol
what a great inpirational photo too..the one from the magazine that got you started on collecting...
don't you just love it when that sort of thing happens!
ciao bella
creative carmelina
salam kak fitty...
Akak pun kolek juga benda2 mcm tu?..at least saya ada juga geng..ingatkan saya sorang saja yang suka...
Beautiful gathering & display of your utensils ... enjoy!
Have a lovely weekend holiday.
TTFN Hugs, Marydon
Hi Fitty: Came by to see what you were up too. I love putting utensils on display. I have my everyday ones in vaseline glasses. They always look so pretty out. I am so sorry about the Linky on my blog not working. You always have the prettiest cups to share with us. I promise I will do better next week. Please join us again. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha
Hi Fitty, I love how you displayed your collection of silverware. I've been picking up a few here and there myself. Thank you for sharing!
Hugz,
Kim
I love your flatware displays! I suspose they are similar to what I have heard called Spooners?? You have done an excellent job recreating your inspiration picture.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel
Fitty!!! Girl I just love this look too and have a few pieces..funny thing is, around here it is so hard to find the spoons and forks, I can find knives all day long!!! So glad you linked in today...I have missed your post! Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.
Nice idea - I should find my miscellaneous old silver...
They look nice in a vase, and they don't die or need water like real flowers.
Your vintage flatware is lovely! And you're so right about Heather's blog. It is full of inspiration!
I'm visiting from Coloradolady. Please visit my cottage and peek at the details for the three linky parties I'm starting the first week of June.
Have a great Memorial weekend!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
Fitty, love all your silverware, displayed so sweetly! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving birthday greetings!
Tracey
What a lovely collection you've started for yourself- careful you don't become too attached to one particular pattern, you might find yourself on a mad hunt for it everytime you go out treasure shopping and amass an unhealthy amount of it! What am I talking about? You could never amass too much of a pretty thing, lol. I really enjoyed your photos today, thanks for sharing and happy VTT!
That is a very cool way to display these vintage beauties. And I agree the tarnish and patina only add to their charm.
What a pretty collection of flatware! What's the use of having pretty ones if they are tucked away in the drawer - love the jug you used to display them.
Very neat...I've thought about collecting old silverware...maybe I'll have to start!
Happy VTT!
Sarah
Lovely new old decorations.
Great collection, My brother has a collection of silver as well - several pieces dating back to the early 1900s
I'm with ya! I am such a sucker for the pretty vintage things. They don't have to match or be perfect. Each is such a treasure. :) Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures!
~Liz
Fitty what a perfect post for today. I also love the old utensils. I have some of my grandmother's I will have to post about soon. My first visit to your spot. Love the whole VTT thing. Drop over sometime. Blessings
QMM
Vintage utensils are so pretty . They had charm to any table. Thanks for sharing :)
Beautiful!!!!! Very inspiring!
*hugs*deb
Vintage flatware is fabulous. So many different patterns and it's so much fun to mix and match them, You have a lovely collection! Happy VTT!!
Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
Oh what a sweet idea-put some roses in the vases too Fitty!
Lovely post! I love mis-matchy, discolored, old flatware/silverware. So gorgeous and you've displayed your very nicely :)
Blessings!
Gail
Fitty, I just realized we are both Libra's! Thank you for visiting and leaving your sweet comment on my Vintage Thingies Thursday...Wicker Pram! I was so excited when I found this wicker pram with the red and white gingham hood and red wheels, I knew, of course, that I had to add red geraniums.
Hugz,
Kim
What a fascinating collection! You do have some really pretty pieces.
Just beautiful...love them with the handles showing...little works of art! for everyday use-what could be better!
What a wonderful collection and lovely display. I do love the floral patterns of vintage silver. Great photos!
We all have somethings we collect. You have a very nice collection in the old silver ware pieces. There are s m,any ways to display them. You have some good ideas already.
Such wonderful collections..they're just beautiful. Love the way you're displaying them.. Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.
Oh my I love the way you have displayed the vintage silverware! I agree with you anything old rusty and chippy is good for me!
hugs,
olivia
These are wonderful! Silver is a great collection anyway you look at it! Love the way you displayed them!! Have a great weekend.
They truly tell a story.
I love odds and ends silverware. i have a small collection myself. All of yours look absolutely beautiful!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
I'm glad i found you blog, it's so inspiring!
I see some ideas i'd like to try in my home too.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment