If you can't sleep at night, what would you normally do?

I've been playing house again late last week. It was on Thursday nite, I think. I got so bored.. I wanted to sleep but can't and so I tried to watch TV. I kept changing the cable channels.. from National stations to the Movie channels, Travel and Living, Health channels, Discovery channels.. *sigh* nope, none caught my interest.. and that was about midnite.. *sigh*

Welp, rather than hit the sack, I said to myself, why not I play house at another small china cabinet near my daughter's room.

So that was what I did. I took all the china out and re-arranged them.. this cabinet I bought yearssss ago from a friend's shop near my office.. this is a very small cabinet that I painted it white and pink.. and inside, you could find all these chinaware.. mostly are tea sets in various patterns, shapes and designs..

and here I would like to share few sets that I have of the same floral pattern. To some of my friends, this flowers are well known as Wild roses..

I believe you have seen my miniature/child tea set I got from eBay back yearrsss ago too!..

then, another tea set bought from flea market ~ this set came with a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl and 4 sets of cups and saucers


as you can see these cups came in two different shapes.. the first two photos above, the cups are big with wider mouth.. and below here, the cups are slightly small and more for like expresso kindda cups..

I also have few plates of the same flowers and all these are vintagey and used ones, made in China. So I hope you enjoy my post today.. sorry the photos are a bit off.. some I took late at night.. was playing with my flash.. hehehehe.. Till then girls, as usual, hop over to Suzanne's post for more vintagey pretties! Adieu! xoxo

22 comments:

azah said...

salam fitty...cantik sungguh collection ni, walaupun teko tu montok2 je tapi comel, akak ada a few plates and plan to make them growing into full set..kena hunting lagi la ni...heheh

Gee said...

Salam Fitty.

At least you know what to do when you cant sleep. Those wild roses collection is really sweet. I love them but sad to say I have a small collection only.

Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Al-Mubarak dan May Allah SWT Bless You.

JEWELGIRL said...

Love your rose china. I think I would
break the china if I was tired. So
not a good idea for me! I try to
do something calm... like reading
until my eyes are soooo tired.

Mat Gebu said...

salam kak fitty....Waaa..set mini tu cute sangat....saya pun nak hunting juga lah nanti, cuma bulan2 puasa ni slow down sikit lah, takut haus..hehehe..

Neabear said...

Lovely! This tea set is so pretty. I have a child or minature tea set I have not posted about yet. Perhaps on a VTT post. But it is also BLUE, so I don't know which day I will post it on. I recently cleaned the set and put it on a tray. So all I gotta do is take pictures. Maybe for next week!

~Linnea

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to leave you a commment to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts today. You have great pictures too.

Best wishes

Unknown said...

When I can't sleep I play spider solitaire!

Postcardy said...

Seeing all those roses together reminds me of potpourri--as if they should smell like roses too.

I assume you have some kind of photo editing software--most will probably remove that green color cast very easily.

LV said...

Your dishes are simply beautiful. I wish I lived near you, we could stay up together. I do not sleep well either. I am up roaming around the house most of the night.

Beca said...

Your dishes are lovely. And what a great way to spend the evening when you can't sleep.

Kayleen said...

Ohhhh I love old tea sets. . . and I don't even drink tea

Old Time Cindy said...

You have such a nice collection!

Anonymous said...

what sweet little tea sets :)

CC said...

Such lovely.lovely china. Yours as always is gorgeous. Happy VTT ..have a lovely weekend.

Carrie said...

Your tea sets are lovely...I only have one miniature teapot with pink roses. But i do have a miniature set with roses in blue and white.

RobinfromCA said...

It looks like you had a great time when you couldn't sleep! Your dishes are very pretty.

Coloradolady said...

How fun to have all of these wonderful roses to look at and play house with. As always, just lovely. Have a great VTT!

Anonymous said...

Geez. When I can't sleep, I'm not nearly so industrious. I just grab a book and stare rather than work. LOL.

You have very lovely things, I love the wild roses!

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

I can't sleep all the time. I should be sleeping now, but I can't stop reading all my favorite pretty blogs. I love them all so much.

zs said...

selamat berpuasa azi...akak nak copy-paste petikan kat posting azi tu ya...

Keetha Broyles said...

You may come "play house" in the middle of the night at my house any time you can't sleep!!!! (If playing house means cleaning out cupboards and cabinets!!!)

I'll be lying in my bed reading - - -

Dawn Castor said...

I love to hear that others play house too! Love your sweet little tea sets!

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.