hehehehee... I don't have much to tell actually, but I wanna share with you my excitement knowing that soon I shall get my very own granny square blanket that I've asked my friend Shell a favor to crochet one for me.. :D
I've been wanting this blanket for so long especially after I saw so many beautiful ones in flickr, blogsvilles, and eBay.. I tried my luck to buy from eBay but too bad, the seller didn't do international shipping, and if there are those who willing to do international shipping, the charges of the blanket itself & shipping would cost me arm & leg.. especially when one put VINTAGE next to it.. hehehehe
so, many moons ago, I told my dear gurlfriend Lali about my craziness on granny square blanket and next thing I know.. she invited another friend of us, Shell in a conference and a deal was made..
What I like about this blanket, it has my fave colours which is pink, green and purple while the borders is in creamy colour.. so here is the yarns..
next is the squares.. there would be 200 squares..
this is the border.. Shell suggested to have this type of border.. to make it look vintage..
and now.. here is the blanket ~ half way done.. Shell got another 12 rows to finish and border to do..
and after that.. it will be shipped to Ms. Fitty.. yippeeeee.. I seriously can't wait to see it face to face, to feel it with my own hands and to have it put on my sofa and cover my lap during cold nights.. rite Lali?? hehehehehe
next is to get the ripple blanket and my ultimate dream is to have one of Cath Kidston blanket!..
I've been wanting this blanket for so long especially after I saw so many beautiful ones in flickr, blogsvilles, and eBay.. I tried my luck to buy from eBay but too bad, the seller didn't do international shipping, and if there are those who willing to do international shipping, the charges of the blanket itself & shipping would cost me arm & leg.. especially when one put VINTAGE next to it.. hehehehe
so, many moons ago, I told my dear gurlfriend Lali about my craziness on granny square blanket and next thing I know.. she invited another friend of us, Shell in a conference and a deal was made..
What I like about this blanket, it has my fave colours which is pink, green and purple while the borders is in creamy colour.. so here is the yarns..
next is the squares.. there would be 200 squares..
this is the border.. Shell suggested to have this type of border.. to make it look vintage..
and now.. here is the blanket ~ half way done.. Shell got another 12 rows to finish and border to do..
and after that.. it will be shipped to Ms. Fitty.. yippeeeee.. I seriously can't wait to see it face to face, to feel it with my own hands and to have it put on my sofa and cover my lap during cold nights.. rite Lali?? hehehehehenext is to get the ripple blanket and my ultimate dream is to have one of Cath Kidston blanket!..
till PINK SATURDAY everyone! have a great weekend! adieu!
p/s: if any of you would like Shell to teach crochet, well, email her.. coz she is currently teaching some mommies in Cafemom.com to crochet as well.. :D love U xoxoxo

6 comments:
Hi! Nice to meet you
I do like the colours of this blanket and how the different colours and design work together in each square and the overall effect that it gives to the wh ole blanket.
Beautiful!!!
M ^..^
Right, Fitty dear! *smooooooooch*
I had to sign your blog again - I adore your crocheted throw. The color combinations are just beautiful and I love the edging you chose.
OMG Fitty am I way behind but I am getting this blanket done for you very very soon. I am done with my dishcloths and I just finished my last of 10 chemo caps to be sent out for Breast Cancer awareness ,soooo now I get to concentrate souly on YOUR blanket,yaaaaay!!!! 3 rounds left for the border and then it is ALLLLLL YOURS :D
OK , so I forgot to sign in and blogger didn't know who I was up there ,lol.
Post a Comment