
That was our dinner last nite, we use to have it all the time.. We have no French loaves or Panini or Ciabiata, but white sandwich bread would suffice..
We love the chewy gooeyness of the cheese. I normally mix the ingredients ahead of time and let them sit longer, so that it taste even better! and here are the recipes that never fail us :-)
3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or you may use a canned diced tomato, or dried tomato in olive oil
½ sweet onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic - minced
2-3 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or dried oregano (you could add more if you like)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or dried basil
2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Chopped mushroom i.e. Portobello, brown button mushroom
1 loaf Italian bread, or French baguette or sourdough baguette cut into 1 inch slices (you may have it slice thicker if you like)
¼ cup freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese (you could use mozzarella or feta cheese if you like or may combine all)
Method:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil, parsley & mushroom. Let it sit for 10 minutes for the herbs to merge. you may add a few drops of balsamic vinegar if you like... it taste better...
Brush on olive oil on the bread and place them in the oven until lightly toasted and remove.
Add the tomato mixture on top of the bread and sprinkle with parmesan or mozzarella or both.
Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottom of bread is browned. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:
Dear Fitty,
How did you write three posts, and I've missed them?
And all these delicious recipes, do you know that I'm trying to lose at least 40 lbs!; not at the rate we're going!!. I guess it's good we are about half a world away, otherwise i'd be at least 300lbs. by now LOL!!
Good Memoir.
Take care and big hugs,
Rosa
hehehe Rosa you are not the only person who said that.. I am trying to lose weight too (literary speaking!) but looking at all the food I cook, i dont think i can sit & just drool! lmaooo
btw rosa, I still waiting for my friend to update me about the stripe clock.. hopefully i will get one this weekend.. :-)
hugggsssss a lot to you
Fitty
Post a Comment