Deserving gift..

Its been so long I didn't participate in Suzanne's Vintage Thingey Thursday, how I miss you Suzanne and the rest of the VTT girls.. I wish I had the time to participate in previous weeks.. but that was my wishful thinking, back then.. too many interventions happen.. (which to some girl friends I have, too bad so sad.. they just don't understand how busy I am juggling between work, my home, parent's home, my kids and my siblings.. sadly, my life is not like a bed of roses :-) )

Long story short, so now, I try to be here for this week's VTT and here are my share of the story..

Back in October, I was looking for a birthday gift and what could be a better gift to myself than this vintage child coffee set I found at Ms. Becky Roberts shop..

I always wanted a full Made in Japan coffee set to add to my collection.. and luck was with me.. when I found this set that didn't cost me arms & legs.. to own it..

and early this month, this set came at my door step.. yeah.. my belated birthday gift it seems.. lol..

what I like most about this set is that, the set came complete with six cups and saucers, coffee pot, creamer & sugar bowl.. which hardly happens.. and best part is that there was no chip at all.. all so delicate, light as fine bone china and so vintagey with bright pink/purple roses.. just stunning.. don't you think?

the cups are more like espresso cup..
which is small.. 3 1/4" wide X 2 1/4" height..
with gold lining around it..

and the bottom of the each items have a stamp JAPAN in blue..

Ohhh Just look at the coffeepot.. look at the roses..
really a beauty? don't you agree? hehehe..

each pieces has two different types of roses..
front & back..
as you can see in the pictures above..

All in all, this is one of the best birthday gifts I gave to myself.. after a long day at work, coming back home late at night, to see this set at the corner of my pink rack, just make my heart sing.. Thanks Becky for letting me have this beautiful set.. I still can't believe that this set has a new home..

Soooo don't forget to visit Suzanne's blog for more lovely stories..

I know this post kindda early.. but heck, I don't have that much time.. this is scheduled post after all..

till then girls.. I wish you all Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays.. May you have a great celebration with love ones..

Adieu!
xoxo
fitty

16 comments:

Gee said...

salam fitty,

first of all, my very thanks to you for your prayers. Kak gee really appreciate it.

I guessed the coffee set must be your best gift for this year birthday. Its lovely and sweet. You must be happy and excited to receive it. I think i should do the same thing for my coming birthday next month.

Mat Gebu said...

salam kak fitty....
Wowww!!!...cantik set akak yg ni, menawan....

Shirl said...

Hello Fitty, still making my PS visits. We had alot of snow and my ISP was down. As always I love all your pretty things on your blog!
Have a wonderful and blessed Holiday!
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Unknown said...

What a lovely set ... happy birthday.

May your holiday season be blessed & beautiful ~
Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Maureen said...

Very pretty. Have a wonderful holiday and all good things to you and your family in the New Year.

Postcardy said...

That's a beautiful set.

Elyse said...

ooh - pretty pretty!

xo
elyse

Carrie said...

There's nothing better for a collector than finding those pieces lacking in your collection! Belated Happy Birthday and Marry Christmas,
Carrie
My links:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2009/12/holiday-trees.html

http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/vintage-celluloid-nativity-ornaments.html

concretenprimroses said...

Congrats on a VERY lovely find!
Take care.
Kathy

Jingle said...

Very pretty! Have a Merry Christmas!

JLS Hall (Joysweb) said...

Such a pretty coffee set! I would have been thrilled to find it, too. I don't collect china, but I do collect dolls and they would love your set, too. Happy Holidays!

Tussy said...

Beautiful! Pink is so adorable.

Merry Christmas!

You Got a Posty
My Bangkok Through My Eyes!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful tea set! A lovely birthday gift for sure. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Roslyn said...

Adorable addition to your mounting collection Fitty. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Lovely set, beautiful roses.
Merry Christmas to you.

marian said...

welcome back Fitty!! what a gorgeous coffee set..I LOVE it!! Have a very Merry Christmas x

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.