Thrifting up north

Hello girls.. I amazed at myself.. hehehe.. wonder why? welp, I've been blogging almost everyday this week.. hehehe.. welp, I got so much to share actually.. and this time, I am sharing what I scoured during my trip to up north..

I went to Memory Lane Market (Lokin / Locken flea market to the locals) a day after my cousin got married and I was so excited seeing so many antique, vintagey items and even second hand items for sale.. and so we walked along the street.. until I stopped at this booth.. where there was a sign wrote RM1.oo each..

And so I asked the lady whether the price was for real.. and she said yes.. sooooooo.. the next thing to do is to dig in the basket and look what I found for a dollar each... I am no kidding.. seriously!..

I went crazy.. digging and digging and these plates & saucers are just some of the stuff I bought from the lady.. I wish I could buy more.. but with three kids tagging along and lots of people passing by, I just got to satisfy with what I picked!.. hehehe

nevertheless.. I am happy with my loot!.. the rose plates above, I never see the pattern before.. so its one of a kind.. I got three of them..

above are various saucers and small bowls.. for RM1 too!..

and the best find was this plate below.. the flowers are different.. and this is really rare find.. back years ago, I found one soup plate of the same flower.. and now the soup plate is up on my bedroom wall..

I wanted to get few more items from different booths but the kids started to whine and you know the drill.. you got to stop.. and go some where else that is kids friendly... *sigh* kids..

so girls.. thats all for now.. I have completed my thrifting stories for some of you who asked.. so till next thrifting trip.. Adieu!

7 comments:

Gee said...

salam fitty,

untungnye badan fitty ni...selalu saje jumpe yang best2 dan lawa pulak tu...what a great finds. Akak suka tgk plates tu semua, sweet belaka.

aj said...

hi fitty, memang merbeles all the hunting plates..i pun teruja jugak..

icandy... said...

What finds!! :) Those dishes are just gorgeous~ and quite a steal, too!!
I'll be sure to put your name in the giveaway drawing!
Hugs,
Christina

azah said...

salam fitty...bestnyaaaa...tahun 2007 akak pegi rumah adik kat ipoh masa tu belum lagi berjinak dgn benda ni semua..eee ruginya..adik dah pindah ke alor setar sekarang..cantik fitty pinggan2 tu..

~Yatt~ said...

salam sis azie..
woww!..nice catch la for rm1 per pc..worth buying sbb cantik2 plates tu suma..kalau takde budak mesti kak gali dalam2 lagi kan..hehe..thanks for sharing.. ;)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You scored!!! Love all the dishes with the roses. And thanks for commenting on my blog.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

The dishes are so pretty. Good deal.
Thanks for visitng me. You can find
the lady head vases on e-bay.

Debbie

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.