Shoes that I long for..

As a lil girl, I used to dream of becoming a ballerina.. but my dream didn't come true.. reason being back in the 70s.. going to ballet class or even get the ballet outfit ~ tutu and shoes would cost my parents arms and legs.. but that didn't stop my dream of one day, to get at least part of ballet outfit or shoes for myself..

and my wanting of having a piece of my ballet dream became stronger after seing this post from Heather.. her photos made me looking hi and lo for the shoes.. and it must be a vintage one..

sooo.. off I went searching and found one.. that the seller rescued from an estate sale.. and oh boy.. my heart fluttered.. and the next thing I know.. it arrived at my door step not so long ago.. just look how Kim wrapped the box.. look like a special gift.. isn't it? pretty in pink!..

and look... the pink toe shoes came in an original pink Capezio box..
just awesome don't you think?
I don't mind if the box is meant for a tap shoes..
but it is CAPEZIO box that I want! hehehehe

and just look at the shoes..
still in a good condition
with a bit stained here and there..

which I don't want to clean it up..

don't you think the shoes pretty?
I wonder if the shoes fit..

now I got to find a place for this shoes..
I might hang it at my pink corner..
with some pretty blooms..
if I can find any..

Heather, thanks for this great, sweet romantic idea..
and yes you are right.. it is beautiful and very inspiring..
and no wonder I fall in love with it instantly..

To Kim, thanks for letting my dream came true..

xoxo

11 comments:

debi said...

Well Fitty, now you've got me wanting a pair. Those are so pretty!

Becky said...

My Mom told me (back in the 60's) that I was too clumsy to take ballet classes. Wasn't that half the point of dance - to overcome clumsy?

I love that you got your shoes!!! They are beautiful!

Blondie's Journal said...

Fitty,

Even though you did not live out your dream, now you can hang those shoes and look at them anytime you want and know that maybe this dream didn't come true, but many others did. And there will be more to come.



xoxo
Jane

LaliSweet1 said...

Wonderful! Now you may dance blissfully in your dream as this ballet shoes hang up on your wall!

Elena said...

I believe giving a gift in gorgeous wrapping is part of the gift and adds a special feeling to it. It's great you've received something you've longed for.

Have a great week.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

Gee said...

Salam Fitty.

Tahniah dapat kasut idaman hati. Sekarang boleh lah menari dengan lembut dengan diiringi alunan muzik.

Vintage To Chic said...

can you just imagine all the stories these shoes could tell you.
come visit and join my give away,
Hugs,
Judy

Betty said...

How sweet Fitty! I will have to go read Heather's post. I have my daughter's ballerina slippers somewhere and I do think they are in the same pink box!
Have a wonderful pink weekend!

Nancy said...

Love your shoes, Fitty. It's never to late to be a ballerina or at least walk in one's shoes! Happy Pink Saturday! :) Nancy

Jennifer said...

Fitty They are so pretty.I wish I had kept mine from ballet class.I loved it.Hugs,Jen

Happy pink sat.
ps your blog header is so pretty!

Shirl said...

Hello Fitty and Happy Pink Saturday! I love your post this week, I love ballet slipper too, they look so pretty with flowers in them. Great find!
Have a great week!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.