A visit to the orchard..

Hello girls.. hows your day so far? Hope all is well.. today, let's side track from all my pinky pretties at home to something more fun, a trip to my dear Dad's orchard back down south few weeks ago..

This picture above is my dad's orchard ~ main entrance to the land, he inherited from my late great grandmother.. he loves his orchard so much that he tends to make time every once or twice a month here..

You will see lots of Asia fruits being planted here in this orchard.. among of them is Durian ~ King of Fruits as the picture above. Over here in Malaysia, Durian is a well known fruit that most of us waited for the season to come.. normally from April to July, you will see lots of Durians being sell every where i.e. along the streets, grocery stores and supermarkets..

You also can find Durians at the Asia Grocery stores across the world ~ North America & Europe too. Go to the big Asia Groceries you can find these thorny fruits but bear in mind, they tend to get expensive!. Durians came in many species and produced an odour that to some find them overpowering and offensive.. and that has let Hotels and few other public places and transports i.e. flights, trains and taxi banned this fruit from going into their premises or vehicles. But to some, the smells are heaven! hehehehehe

I like to eat Durians, there are almost 80 Durian trees here in the orchard..

On one tree, you can at least find approximately 20 to 30 Durians.. so can you imagine if there is 80 trees?? hehehehehe.. we really had fun coming here, thrice or twice a day to come and pick the durians. We don't pluck the durians from trees.. we wait for them to fall down. Once it fell down, then we know it is ready to be eaten.. but we have to act fast.. otherwise Squirrels will come and eat them too.. hehehe..

this picture below is the edible flesh of durians.. the yellow colour ones.. the yellow the flesh, the yummier it taste.. hehehehe..

next fruit is call Mangosteen.. with purple skin when it is ready to be eaten.. and we have about 20 something mangosteen trees here in the orchard. The picture below is how it looks like when young! hehehe

this is the tree, below picture.. it can grow up to 80 ft tall.. and you got to climb the trees just to get the fruits.. hehehehe..

this is how they look like once plucked from the trees.. very ripe and ready to be eaten..

and look at the edible flesh above.. this is what I call heaven.. why? because I like the taste of these flesh, the sweet, tangy and a bit citrusy taste.. I can eat them as many possible.. my all time fave fruit since kid..

You also can find this fruit at the Asian Grocery Stores.. but I was told not all countries in the world allow this fruits to be brought into their countries.. there are some restrictions.. but I don't know the reason behind the restrictions..

while the last fruit that I am gonna share is call Pulasan or well known as King of Rambutans.. the fruit look similar to rambutans or Lychees..


here in the orchard, we are waiting for the Pulasan to ripes.. which we think in another month or so.. they will turn out to be red with soft spiky skin.. how to eat this pulasan? you got to twist them.. Pulasan is a seasonal fruit and very hard to find thus the high price.. but to those who loves them, price is not a problem as long as you enjoy eating them.. hehehehe

and once you twist them, you gonna see the white translucent flesh that is sweet.. unlike rambutans.. i.e. the picture below.. that is actually rambutans flesh.. pulasans flesh almost similar as that..


So girls, I hope my post would gives you some info on these Asian fruits.. but these are not the only fruits we have in the orchard.. we got pineapples, jack fruit, cempedak ~ similar to jack fruit but with soft sweet tasty flesh and some herbs plants..

Welp, to see more great outdoor posts with awesome photos, do visit Susan.. and kindly visit Dixie at French Lique for fun Wordless Wednesday.. this week theme is Father..





till then girls, Adieu!

42 comments:

ellen b said...

How great to see all these trees and fruit that I don't usually see here in southern California. How nice for your dad to have this orchard! :0)

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a beautiful orchard and unusual fruit. Thanks for sharing.

Christi

Mary Bergfeld said...

I haven't seen many of those fruits since are travels through Southeast Asia. Your father has a wonderful orchard. Thank your for sharing your photos with us.

dana said...

What a fruit education you gave us! I was totally unfamiliar with them---I so enjoyed your information and lovely photos! What a great picture of grandpa and grandchildren. Happy Wednesday! Dana

Sue said...

You are so blessed to have such a fine orchard to visit and partake of all these delicious looking fruit. I thank you for showing these fruits, I have never heard of them or tasted i will be looking for them when i go to the grocers. Thank you for sharing.
Sue

Kathy said...

Oh my what a beautiful orchard your dad has and what wonderful fruits, I will be looking out for them now, they sound so delicious, happy summer days, Kathy

susan said...

This was so interesting and a real lesson for me. I have never heard of any of these fruits. That is one of the things I love about blogging the most!! I have had a a guided private tour half way around the world! Thanks for sharing!

Missy Wertz said...

They look good. How do they taste? Happy OW!

Jadehollow said...

Wow .. thanks for the lesson. I've never seen any of those before. My husband who is a fruit'oholic would be in hog heaven there. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Coloradolady said...

What a beautiful place. I love your story and explanation about the different fruits, very interesting.

Fitty, I am thinking if I packed a suitcase full of pink rose dishes,tea cups, tea pots, and plates that I might could come for a visit!! LOL

Have a great day, my friend!

Coloradolady said...

Oh, and I am talking a LARGE suitcase FULL!!!! HaHaHa

Kathleen said...

That was very interesting. I had never heard of those fruits!

ItaJeff said...

Salam Fitty..
this is a very interesting post ..i love durian, my ma has a fruit orchard too at kg, what I enjoy most is waiting the durian to fall and tapioca barbeque hehehe.

Lots of luv,
Ita

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Fitty!I really enjoyed seeing your father's orchard... it it wonderful! To see all the different fruits...wa very interesting! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Monica said...

Cute blog!love the pictures of the exotic fruit!I am so embarrassed about being up this late but a friend of mine is starting her own blog and I was giving her some tips.Thanks for sharing and Happy OW and WW to you too!

Anonymous said...

fitty..sedapnyaa buah durin,manggis dan pulasan itu..hehehe..

~Yatt~ said...

k.fitty..sedapnya!!!puasnya makan durian pulasan manggis..sy pun hantu durian tau..hehe..untung akak ada kebun buah..bestnyer akak!!!!

~Yatt~ said...

silap le akak..dusun..ader ke cakap kebun buah..hehe..sorry..

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

salam kak Inna & Yatt, jemput dtg ke dusun kami di Muar.. hehehehe.. banyak sungguh buah2an tahun ni.. tak termakan.. hehehehehe

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Amazing!!!
♥ Teresa

Kat said...

How wonderful that you have the orchard to provide your favorite fruits! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Kathy

Martha said...

That was really interesting. It is truly a beautiful orchard and such interesting fruit.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I wasn't familiar with any of those fruits so it was very interesting to learn of them. Loved the dad pics, too. Happy WW☺

g.suzie said...

How fun to see all those different kinds of trees. . .We used to get a case of Xango-Mangosteen Juice delivered once a month. . .Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Barb said...

Hi Fitty, the trees are wonderful and look at all the fruit. Great!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I don't think I would want to eat a fruit that had a bad smell. :-)
We are getting a little education here. Thanks for sharing your great photos. Thanks for visiting.
Glenda
Glenda

stefanie said...

that was awesome, i love learning about different gardens, those fruits are amazing. thanks for the knowledge

Terry said...

Howdy
Oh my gosh that was awesome .
WOW ,
I learned so many new things today.
Thank you so very much.
You are so sweet to share.
The outdoor photos are simply amazing and your Wordless Wednesday photos are very touching.
Thank you for all the fantastic pictures it was so much fun .
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings of joy to you and yours.
Happy Trails

Candy said...

Happy walks in the woods with Dad. Great memories in the making.

Have a happy day,
Candy

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness....I LOVED seeing the pics of the fruits, your father's orchard and your father. VERY COOL! I like learning about many of those fruits because I'm unfamiliar with all but one or two. I've heard that the Durian has a very strong odor. But you LIKE to eat it? Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge with us. Hugs from Houston, Texas!

The Pink Birdhouse said...

What a fabulous orchard, filled with the most exotic and delicious looking fruits I have ever seen! And how wonderful that the land has been in the family for so long. I was fascinated by the pictures and your story about each fruit. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!! A totally enjoyable post. hope all is well there with you, HUGZ Debby

Four Paws and Co said...

Wonderful pictures & orchard. I'm not familiar with any of the fruits, & it's nice to hear more about them.

Your kids are adorable. Are they following your dad?

Happy Outdoor & Wordless Wednesday! ☺♥☺ Diane

Brenda Pruitt said...

My goodness, what interesting fruit you have! You probably think our fruit looks strange! I love to see things I wouldn't ordinarily see here in the USA. Thanks!
Brenda

Regina said...

I love Dorian fruit,and the mangoes teen, so abundant around here.
Great post.

Nancy said...

Wonderful "father" pictures, Fitty. Also, what an amazing house your grandparents had. Loved the tour. xoxo Nancy

MomMom said...

The orchard is gorgeous and one I'd like to visit in person. Thanks, also, for stopping by my blog to leave a sweet comment. Have a wonderful day!

mel said...

Such an interesting post. I loved seeing the different kinds of fruits!

Maria Berg said...

I have seen all that fruit on my travel around the world but we do not have them in Sweden, MB

Neabear said...

Very interesting post! That is the fun part about blogging, learning about things from each other. All of these fruits I have never heard of so this was a very educational post. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all about the Asian Fruits....I learn alot about your post on Orchard farm...Looks great...Never heard of the fruit you talk about...Only thing that sound familiar to me in Mississippi is Pineapple. Great Outdoor post..thanks for stopping by and sweet comments..Smiles and Hugs..Katherinellen

sunnymama said...

These are all trees and fruits I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing this interesting outdoor post :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I had never seen or even heard of most of your Asian fruits. It's always interesting to see the different types of foods around the world.

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.