
Hi girls, today, I am back for
Smiling Sally Blue Monday.. and am sharing with you some of my J&G Meakin teapots & Sun Crown plates, I inherit from my late grandma..

I got two teapots.. and both are still in good condition. my late grandma loves to serve her tea or coffee in these pots.. once a upon a time..

and since this blue set didn't come in complete setting, my uncle gave me whatever is left..

I was asked once, would I be using all the chinaware that I've been collecting for so long.. and my answer is yes, why not? and the proof is the blue small bowl that my maid accidentally broke it few months back.. that was one and only blue bowl I had in this colour, and it got slipped from maid's hand while washing dishes.. She wanted to throw it away but I took and put it back together with glue.. I had good memories with this bowl.. call me sentimental fools! but seriously, this is one of my fave bowls.. me & my daughter always take turn to use this small blue bowl.. food taste better, we think, when we use this bowl!.. hehehehe..
So, Adieu girls! till next Blue Monday.. Don't forget to visit Sally!
17 comments:
beautiful blue pieces:)
DEAR FITTY,
SO BEAUTIFUL...I LOVE THE THINNER ONE. I COULD NOT HAVE THROWN OUT THE BROKEN BOWL EITHER.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING
HUGS
debbie
Hello Fitty, I love your blue dishes and they are a treasure from your grandma. That makes them more special. I'm glad you saved the bowl.
I love that you use the dishes. i use my antique dishes every day because I love them.
Thank you for visiting me on my Pink Sat. post. I try to visit as many as I can but the list is loooong.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi Fitty,
Nice blues, especially since they were your Grandma's. Happy Blue Monday!
Blessings,
Sandi
Those blue dishes are beautiful, and I can understand why the food tastes better in them. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
noooooooo.this are sentimental.keep it as long as it has pieces to glue.i love your story.great blues...ann
Hi Fitty, your pieces are gorgeous! Love them.
Happy Blue Monday.
Barb
Love the blue tea pots and dishes. :O)
Family treasures are the best. I couldn't have thrown out the broken dish either!
Blessings to you this Blue Monday,
Valerie
Love the blue post...You really have such amazing china...I love that picture of the blue bird also...Have a great week.
Stephenie
I just love that color of blue. I think that dishes want to be used. What's a little breakage....that is a crafting or design opportunity!
They are beautiful.
I love sets like these :)
And sentimental is alright.
I am too :)
Hello~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past post. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures.
The lil' doll is so precious.
I've bookmarked you my favs.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit, I'd enjoy the company.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
I love old dishes and your grandma's are great and I do love the color...do not see that color that much now a days.....they also would would look great to match them up some white dishes.....
Hugs,
Mo ;-)
Love your blue dishes.A special gift for sure from your grandmother.Julie
Those are absolutely perfect. How proud you must be to own them...
I've tagged you to participate in this great blog meme, called Only Eight! Stop by my blog to find out how to play.
Molly
The blue color is just gorgeous! Also, the shapes of the teapots are so graceful.
Post a Comment