Biscuits anyone?..


Thursday is here again.. so fast right?.. anyway the last couple of weeks, I've been seeing some of you lovely girls sharing their Tin posts and I thought of sharing mine too.. my biscuits vintagey tin came from a sister that I recently got to know.. Hi Kak Khadijah! *wave*wave* She has an online shop selling vintagey items.. and this tin really caught my eyes..

It reminds me of Jane and her beautiful tins.. she is so lucky to find so many beautiful, pretty & lovely tins and so when I saw this tin available for sale, I wanted it too.. the rusty the tin is, the better..

So off I go and email her (Kak Khadijah) and yippeeee.. within seconds, the tin is mine.. what I like most about this tin despite the rusty corners is the label.. Elkes Biscuits Ltd.. a private manufacturer company in England.

I try to find out more about this tin, but I can't find much.. except.. this : -

"• Elkes Biscuits established 1924, also a Northern Foods Company has a turnover of circa £60m stg, and is based in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England.

• Elkes are one of the UK’s major Private Label manufacturers of Countlines, Creams and Sweet Biscuits and have an ever increasing portfolio of accounts.

• Elkes supply the UK supermarkets with both branded and private label biscuits including the famous Malted Milk, Digestive and Countline Bars.

• Unique packaging facilities at Elkes enables the packing of creams and sweet biscuits into Value Added Selections, suitable for all outlets.

• The Countline Bars have been one of the success stories in Brand and Private Label development which is undertaken throughout the world." Quoted.

Isn't that great? totally vintagey!.. hehehehehe anyway, I have no idea what to keep in this tin.. but I do know I must have this! for obvious reason of course! so, girls, do visit Suzanne as she is hosting another wonderful Vintage Thingies Thursday.. thank you Suzanne! and have a great day girls!

23 comments:

PC said...

Very aweseome tin - I love tins and this one is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Paula from Idaho

Coloradolady said...

This is very pretty...I too love the rust on the tin and the roses are very nice. I don't see too many of these type of tins around here these days. This one is great! Have a great Easter weekend.

bj said...

i, too, love tins...this one is fabulous..

Bea said...

Yep, I would have had to have it too! Love it!

Anonymous said...

being a mad keen tin collector i must say i'm loving your tin...the roses, the rust, PERFECT!!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

The roses on here are just beautiful. I also like tins.
Molly

Unknown said...

I like the rusty corners; the more beat-up the better for me!
Some people are having trouble viewing my blog and getting a stack overflow message. To fix this, just empty your Temp or Temp Internet folder. You might also want to consider switching to Firefox as your browser. Just an FYI!

SueLovesCherries said...

Rust, what rust! All I see are beautiful Spring roses!

ClassyChassy said...

Rust is "IN"! Very nicely posted!

Nancy said...

So precious! Have a great day!

Deb said...

Nice tin love the roses! I like vintage!

Sarah said...

I have a huge weakness for tins and could not have passed this one up either!

CC said...

This is just beautiful...I love the colors. Happy VTT and have a great day.

Stephanie said...

Oh I love tins! Love Love Love them. Anything you can store your loved "junk"... the prettier the better :)

Happy VTT!

Stephanie

Donna said...

Great vintage stuff!! This is my first VTT and its been great fun looking at all your blogs. Very neat old tins...love roses!
Have a great Easter and blessings to all
donna

Stephenie said...

I LOOOOVE that tin..The roses are just amazing...I would of wanted that tin too...Just so pretty...
Stephenie

pinkyfrogshop said...

LOve it love it. Comel sangat...muahhaha Keep blogging dear..

Miri said...

Great tin!

Dawn Castor said...

what pretty roses--and rust--perfectly beautiful!

Sophie said...

That is a very cool tin! My aunt was sweet enough to give me a bunch of tins recently, they serve as great decorative and gift items. I can't believe how old this one is!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :).

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! It's funny, I love roses on everything but I cannot stand rose plants.
I think they're deceptive. They are like beautiful women with daggers that stab. Just my take on the whole thing...

Beca said...

What a great tin! I also love the rustiness of it. Happy Easter!

SmilingSally said...

Pretty tin in any color.

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.