Books & me.. are like twins.. will never be separated until death do us apart.. hehehehe.. anyway.. I went blog hopping few nights ago and kept seeing picture of this Bazaar Style book by Selina Lake. so I went to Amazon.com to get some info.. then I continued blog hopping and read few reviews about this book. Infact there are pictures about this book in flickr.. after seeing the content.. I went to Kino bookweb and found out they do have a copy and made a reservation.. so yesterday, I picked up the book.. and never regret..

I like all the pictures in there.. I love the way they took the picture, they way they arrange the knick knacks.. instead of being so shabby chic or cottagy style.. the style in this book are mixure of old and new, colourful flea markets/bazaars find, cheap chic, eclectic style but still lovely..
and now who says secondhand goods or fleamarkets/bazaars find can't make your house looks like heaven?

just look at this liqour cabinet.. I love the way they set up the bottles, the roses on top of it.. so pretty..

the colourful roses in yellow, red, pinks.. brighten up any gloomy dark room..

if you still didn't have this book, I recommend you to get one.. very good book! No regret.. at least to me.. :-) btw this book also appeared in August Issue of Romantic Homes Magazine, book section.
next is the latest Romantic Homes Magazine August Issue.. Oh boy... my heart skip many beats when I saw this on news stand.. why you asked? well, just look at the cover? Isn't that lovely? Look at all the canisters, the recipes boxes.. I want all of them.. This is Kimberly Kostka's house..

This magazine again.. awesome but very contagious.. as it makes you can't sleep and always drooling looking at the beautiful pictures.. now I want that canisters, the recipe boxes, the picnic tin basket or bread bins/tin.. gosh.. I better start looking for one now..

by the way, tell me, who didn't like this sweet pretty pink bathroom and bedroom? Hands down please! hehehehehe :P

and last but not least the Caldwells home.. both husband & wife collect anything Raggedy Ann .. I love how they display their knick knacks at this dresser..

I can imagine myself sitting at the chair and staring at the dresser.. and do nothing.. except dreaming of heaven!.. super! Congrats to the Editor for coming up again with superb content..
p/s: These reviews are purely mine.. and I am not being paid to write this.. thank you :-)
5 comments:
Ooh, what lovely pictures. I love books and magazines filled with beautiful things.
WOW!!! Fitty, that book looks delicious! I may order it when I get home from Calif.
Smoochies,
Connie
Ooooh, cute pictures of the little munchkins......cuties!!!
Fitty, I've nominated you for an award. Go to my July 5th post and check it out, sweet malaysian rose!!
Smoochies,
Connie
I came to see your blog from A Thing for Roses...now I'm going to have to order that "Bazaar Style" book.....it looks fabulous...think of the ideas one could get! Thanks, Pat at birdnestontheground
Hi Fitty,
Thanks for the book review, I know that when you recommend a book is because you truly enjoy it, now to look for a copy...
Hugs,
Rosa
Post a Comment