3 days break..

I just got back from blog hopping and Cottage Charm giveaway is ON here in blogsville and most of the giveaways pressies were awesome.. if you like to join the giveaway, do sign up here.. or here for more details.. and I think I screwed up some of my posting.. hope no one notice.. and sorry to those who saw my comments on the wrong giveaways :-(

Anyways, I had a wonderful weekend.. a 3 days break turns out to be great.. the outing with my sister and my daughter tagging around end up to be so much fun.. we went to Dorothy Perkins for some pants and then stop by at Sushi King for some snacks..

this is my sister.. we were waiting for our kani mayo, kappa maki, and chawamushi..

this is my daughter playing chopsticks with my sister.. boy, I didn't know my daughter were so hungry that she ate about 6 plates of sushi.. after that we went to Kino of course.. I didn't get the book that I want.. :-( but I do enjoy the Japanese sections with new mags on the shelves.. Lovely.. I must come back for more Jeu de paume books.. I got few that I like.. hehehe.. on the way down to Marks & Spencers, we stopped by at TGV.. they were having KungFu Panda promotions and Lala, my daughter took the chance to snap some panda pictures.. here.. (scarry panda don't you think? hehehe)

last stop was at the podium where Lifestyle Australia promotion is on.. I love all the crafts that being exhibit here.. lovely.. artwork.. some nice posters with striking colours.. which of course I am not allowed to snap the pictures.. but here is Lala with the Kangaroos and Koala..

all in all we had so much fun going out with my sister..
Lala bought herself a Princess Crown in pink which she been eyeing long time ago.. and after like 4 hours going up & down the mall, my lil princess were tired and dozed off in the car, all the way back..

cute, right? hehehe

while these are some pictures that I wanna share with you over the weekend.. first was the glass butter dome (big ones) that I bought from Lovely Lace Shop.. I love it.. infact I was looking one for my home.. but seems hard to get it online due to expensive shipping charges.. so, when I found one like this and with the rite kind of price, I grabbed up for a song! and the small butter dome, I found it few months back when I went to SSF.. pretty don't you think?

and the pink hankie, that was my purchased when I went to Isetan with my sister.. I've been eyeing for that hankie for so long.. I always pass the hankie area but never ask the price.. so that day, I braved myself to ask and found out it was affordable to get one.. and so I bought.. I love the colour, pink and with a bit lacey, very soft.. very Japanese style..

while the other floral hankie was from Laura Ashley few seasons back.. I bought 2 years ago.. I have it tied on my handbag for fancy kindda look.. Love it! and last but not least was my teabag holder.. it came in pair.. very pretty.. I bought it from eBay..

oh forgot to mention these salad plates for 4 was another purchase for a song!..
love the colour.. I shall be using it often during tea time!.. and talking about food, my dearest cousin Izreen, here are my version of Stir fry vegies with lots of tempe, soo hoon, long beans, tofu, green chilles and yumyum.. I add coconut milk a bit.. :D

oh and yesterday Monday, I went to visit my SIL and we went out window shopping at SACC Mall.. been so long I didn't visit the mall and so I stopped by at one of my fave shop D'rias and saw these teaset were on display!.. boy.. I wish to have these at home.. lovely!..

I also saw this display cabinet . made from teak wood.. very pretty.. I want this too!..

hehehe but the most fun part of the day was finally met two wonderful women that I admired most.. namely Sister Meriam who owns an art gallery and also a folkart painter.. I love her gallery.. one of the series I like most was the Cottage Living Room series of 4 beautiful original painting.. lovely!.. So we talked a bit and she was happy to show me all her shabby chic drawings and offered to paint me any of pictures that I want for a good price..

the next lady is Puan Sri Zaleha Arshad.. very friendly lady and I admire her creativeness.. she also a painter but more on ceramics and she open classes for public every week.. and this tile, she painted it herself..
going to her mini studio is like heaven!.. she paints all sorts of flowers, shabby chic, cottage style, country look... boy you should look at her teapots, a huge collection.. she has more than 300 teapots in her collection and she took some to the studio, gift shop next to the studio and 2 of her tea house cafes.. and talking about the tea house, she make awesome scones where one eat with strawberry jams, clotted of whipped cream and hot fruit teas.. the menus at her shops varied.. mixture of western and locals.. but still all are delicious!.. she also been featured in few local magazines for her beautiful house, teapot collections and the tea house cafe..

I am so awed with her.. she is very humble and down to earth lady.. and I will try to join her classes one of these days!.. I love seeing her again.. and reminds me of talking to my late grandmother (from my dad side).. and also would love to eat at her cafe again..

to wrap up, I had a super weekend.. and hope you all too had a super weekend!..

No comments:

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.