so here are the dishes I cooked last nite, we shall start first with Beefsteak ala Cottage sytle (recipes came from my late great great grandmother, Nenek Esah). This is one of the dishes that mom loves to cook for me & my brother when we were small.. we like to have this with bread. very yummylicious!.. hehehe
[btw, cousin Izreen, have you ever remember Nenek Esah cook this during your younger days? Ooopsss.. I didn't mean you are oledi old now!.. hehehe.. I wonder.. maybe this recipe is from Nenek but have been improvised by Mak Lah over the years] hehehehe
How to cook you ask? heheheheof course you need beef about a kilo, cut into small strips about 3 cm thick. then take 3 garlic, 2 shallots and 2 inch of ginger all pounded together and mix it with the beef. Once all mix together, add in one tablespoon of soya sauce (kicap) and one tablespoon of cornflour. mix it again and leave it marinate for 30 mins..
at the same time, take 3 big potatoes, remove skin and slice it thinly and fry. same goes with one carrot, slice thinly and fry. once all fried, put a side.
after 30 mins, take a big wok, heat up 2 tablespoon of butter or Ghee/minyak sapi (clarified butter) cost it taste nicer (don't remind me of the calories! lol) then stir fry one slice garlic and one slice big onion, add in the beef together with one tablespoon of cinnamon powder, cumin powder, nutmeg powder and star anise powder. fry till fragrant and add in 2 cups of water. let it cook till beef is tender.
Once beef is cook, add in one can of peas and 1 tablespoon of cornflour mix with water. stir well. then add in the fried potatoes & carrots. stir well again. lastly add salt & pepper to taste.
Next is my dad's fave dish.. Prawn fritters with chili gravy.. very tasty.. I truly love this one. Once a while I shall ask mom to cook this dish especially for me :D hehehehe(Jangan marah, special request tu!)Recipe for this? a kilo of prawns (shrimps), cleaned and washed well. dip in with egg & cornflour mixture and deep fry it.
In a blender, add in handful of dried chillies and red chillies, 2 inches of ginger and 3 garlic. blend well. heat up wok with 3 tablespoon of oil (I use peanut oil for nutty flavors) and stir fry one slice garlic with one shallot. then add the chillies mixture and fry till fragrant.
next add in one tablespoon tomato sauce, one tablespoon of oyster sauce, one cube of anchovies granules (Maggi cube), sugar, salt & pepper to taste. last add in the fritters and stir well until all coated with the gravy. serve with rice.
and last but not least stir fry lady fingers or orca..
yuuummmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... hehehehehe.. :D and oopsss I can't stay here long.. I see someone is coming with a love hate arrow!..ayoyo!.. smurf, runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for your life!!.. hehehehe
2 comments:
Hi Fitty,
The food looks super duper delicious, now I must go and weigh myself...must have gained at least 3 lbs. just looking at your food...come to think of it I'm kind of hungry!
Take care and big hugs,
Rosa
Oh my goodness. This looks delicious. I'm going to make it for my family
Anita
rollinghillsvintage.etsy.com
Post a Comment