
I've been reading my cousin's blog a lot lately and her recent request was to get a family recipe which is Mee Siam ala Esah where one eat with ground peanuts and chilies.. That recipe actually belongs to my late great grandmother and boy, I do miss all her cooking & baking.. very yummylicious.. right cousin? *wink*wink*
So last Sunday, I went to visit my grandmother's sister, Mak Lah and oh boy, we had so much fun cooking. We made curry puff from scratch.. and have it with a pot of hot tea.. 2 pots actually!.. :D
Anyway, I love going to her house.. She used to stay with my family for quite sometimes and I love our masak-masak days for late nite supper..
Dad always love her cooking.. especially her curry puff and hot buns (roti naik) and since she likes to do it in a smaller shape, it always look very comel and menyelerakan..
I remember when everyone else has gone to bed, the two of us would be busy in the kitchen whipping up some simple and yet tasty dishes to feed our hungry souls!.. Imagine in the middle of a nite, one could hear the sounds of chopping, pounding, cooking & laughing from our kitchen!.. hehehe
And my mission to Mak Lah's house was not only to spend time with her, but to get secrets of family recipes, yes the recipes book up ^^^ there!..
and so my Cousin, here is the first recipe that I took from her which you need to translate it in English :D.. hehehehe salin from the original book tau!..
Mee Siam ala Esah

1 bungkus mee
Kacang tanah - goreng dan tumbuk halus
Rencah-rencahnya:
Bawang besar 2 biji hiris bulat
Udang basah, daging
Taugeh, tauhu, sawi, daun kucai
lada merah utk di hiris nipis, limau sambal
Rempah goreng (digiling halus):-
Ketumbar kasar 2 camca besar
Jintan Manis 1/2 camca besar
jintan puteh 1/2 camca besar
serai 1 batang
lengkuas sebesar ibu jari
halia sebesar jari keliking
lada kering 20 tangkai
bawang merah 12 ulas
bawang putih 5 ulas
Udang kering segenggam
Bawang penumis (dihiris nispis):-
10 biji bawang merah
4 biji bawah putih
cara-caranya:-
panaskan satu senduk minyak masak bersama 4 - 5 camca minyak sapi
bila minyak panas, tumiskan bawang penumis sehingga kuning
kemudian masuk kan rempah goreng. goreng sehingga naik bau. masukkan sedikit air dan biarkan
mendidih. kemudian masukkan bahan rencah Bawang besar 2 biji hiris bulat, separuh udang basah, daging, Taugeh, tauhu, sawi, daun kucai, lada merah di hiris nipis. then masukkan garam, gula dan serbuk perasa. Last masukkan mee dan goreng hingga semua masak.
Untuk hiasan:
Hirisan telur dadar, balance udang basah yg sudah di goreng, telur rebus potong bulat, tauhu potong dadu/kecil, lada hiris, bawang goreng dan taburkan kacang yg sudah di tumbuk halus.
thats it.. easy peasy.. and the picture up there was the one I recently cooked 2 nites ago.. It was a big hit in my family even tho' my maid said, it was a slightly pedas/hot.
I got few more to try.. but for now, I leave you to try this first.. :D so adios!
3 comments:
Hi Fitty, I see you love to cook!
I understood the recipe without any problem!( YEAH RIGHT!)... It looks good!!
Hugs,
Rosa
Rosa, you understand the recipe without problem? :O oh wow!! You know our language Bahasa Malaysia? hehehe..
yeap.. I love cooking.. normally during weekends.. :-)
Hugs to you
weeeehh.. i wish i was with you! mana aci masak berdua only! more more recipes please.... and kirim salam peluk cium mak lah and teh rest ok?
Post a Comment