Two days ago, I was craving for rich red velvet cake and so off I baked one big loaf of this red (yummylicious ~ said my boys) cake and had some Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting on it.. and seriously my kids love it.. it was yummeyyy mummy! lol..

and last Saturday, when I went out with kids at the big twin towers mall, I found bags full of fresh baked meringues at a Japanese bakery store.. and boy, I got so excited.. hehehehe.. Reason being? welp, at my side of the world, to find and buy a fresh store bought meringues is totally not happening! hehehe..
soooo, when this Japanese store sells so many packets of meringues, Japanese cheese cakes, and all sorts of sweet treats, welp, who can resists, when the meringues look soooo delish! and melt in your mouth, said my kiddos! and No kidding!..
wish I could find some macaroons just like the one sell in Paris ~
Laduree.. ohhhh.. that would be super! Laduree macaroons came in many colours and all look sooo inviting.. totally drools!!!

anyway, on the nite I baked my red velvet cake, I took out my currently fave tea set for a midnight supper with my two sons.. welp, since this week is school holiday week, my daughter had followed mumsie dearie for a short break at our vacation home down south..

anyway, the three of us had tea and cakes.. and we enjoyed doing this.. in fact, we've been doing this all the time..
there are weekends when we used to have a small tea party at our porch.. and my daughter will pick her fave dishes and set the table.. while my two sons would arrange the sitting.. and it all so much fun, when one or two neighbours came & joined the sweet treats!.. the more the merrier..

so here is the cake, you can't really see the red colour, it look more like a chocolate cake.. but trust me it is red!.. hehehehe.. if you haven't try one, do visit the www.. and get your fave red velvet cake recipes.. I do know Martha Stewart has one red velvet cake recipe for you to try..

oh dear, looks like we are short of tea.. got to go girls.. got to brew another pot of tea.. and we, my sons & I really enjoy the nite.. thanks for visiting me and have a good day.. and to my Irish friends where ever you are, Happy St. Patricks day!
sorry girls, I don't have much to update this week, as I am stuck in the middle of juggling between home & work & kids and school holidays.. and welp who doesn't? lol..
till then girls,
Adieu!
xo
fitty
p/s : Yatt, thanks for the award, that was very kind of you to give me with an award as nice as that.
Kak Gee, I am so excited with the our swap thingy.. hehehehe
I shall snap some photos for your sneak peeps!
2 comments:
I have never had red velvet cake.... have never had the opprotunity. Now I am dieting and that would be taboo... Love your blue and white china.
Blessings!
Gwen
Hi Fitty,
I think it is so sweet that you and your children had dessert and tea together. What a nice tradition.
Your desserts look yummy. I love red velvet cake!
hugs
Sissie
Post a Comment