Oh, we love the bright dazzling, shimmering, colourful neon lights along the streets, the cotton candy snow, Rudolph and his reindeer friends, Santa sleigh, the colourful boxes/gifts, Christmas baubles, the Christmas tree toppers in various shapes and colours.. and the joyful Christmas carols/songs.. and all the merriment..

and almost every year, mom & dad would bring us to Orchard Street in Singapore to enjoy this colourful event.. where there were parades to watch, Christmas carols to sing along.. did I tell you.. I love Christmas songs.. and not forgetting Santa Workshops to join in the fun, Christmas villages and the Gingerbread man house to run around.. and the whole lot of fun things to do during Christmas.. and that was such awesome memories..
and to instill the traditions, every year without fail, I shall bring my kids to the shopping malls and let them see how colourful and fun the Christmas celebration in Kuala Lumpur is, even tho' it was less excitement than the one in Singapore..

so here.. I am sharing with you girls some of the photos we took during Christmas, few years back..






we haven't take this year photos, yet.. but we will.. the traditions goes on.. all so merry! I bet you.. and last but not least.. some Xmassy displays here & there in my quaint cottage.. nothing fancy tho'.. just some vignettes that I love to play around.. don't we all?



Don't forget to visit Beverly and the rest of the Pinky girls for more wonderful stories!
have a good week!
Adieu!
xoxo
fitty
note : this post was written weeks ago and had it scheduled for today.. oh btw I lost another two or three followers.. to those who never fail to come here and read my musings.. thanks a million, I love to have you come & visit me and to those decided not to follow me.. thank you too.

36 comments:
Lovely sights of Christmas.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Lovely Christmas displays today...Fitty, the past couple of weeks, I have had a hard time getting your blog to load on the computer....tonight, no problems...don't know what is up...have missed you on VTT!!! Have a great weekend.
Beautiful photos! The trees are gorgeous and the displays in your cottage are so pretty. And the children are just precious!
Merry Christmas...Kathy
Great photos of a great tradition! And you can't beat a good vignette, either.
Have a very Happy Pink Saturday!
What a lovely post today! Thank you for your visit...many Christmas blessings to your and yours. xo Tami
Love all your beautiful pictures and lovely Christmas delights. Hop on over and visit me, I think we have a lot of pinks in common.
Ginger
Wonderful photos. Your displays in your cottage are lovely.
Happy Pink Saturday.
What wonderful pictures! Merry Christmas and Happy Pink Saturday!
What a wonderful precious post! I just love all of your photos! And I find it really nice that, even though you do not celebrate Christmas, you still share with us your enjoyment of all the holiday festivities! You are a very special person to share this with us! I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays again this year and that you take many photos to share with us next year! Warm wishes for a week filled with happiness! Your friend, Coralie
Lovely Christmas displays, Fitty. I love your pretty rose-covered star and the tiny chintz teapot. Bottle brush trees are also a favourite of mine. Thank you for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours..
Blessings,
Sandi
Hi Fitty! What a wonderful tradition. We used to do something like that by driving around town looking at how people decorated the outside of their houses at night.
Your children are beautiful. Love your decorations.
Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas!!
Beautiful Christmas sharing ...
Merry Christmas,
TTFN~ Marydon
read/follow @ nedw blog
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
Oh my Fitty! What wonderful pictures! The mall trees are awesome and so is your adorable house!
Happy Pink Saturday, dear Fitty.
Christmas looks very pretty in your part of the world. And, your children are beautiful. I like that you keep up the tradition of seeing all of the pretty decorations.
All of your pretty pink vignettes look fantastic.
Blessings to you and your family.
I've lost a few followers lately, too. I'll miss them.
Hi Fitty, Love seeing all your wonderful pics and reading about the special memories you have for Christmas.
Your home displays are lovely too. I love your bottle brush trees and jars filled with ornaments.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs to you, Celestina Marie
Such cherished memories you have growing up. I think it's wonderful you're going to pass it on to your children. I love seeing your photos.. Thank you for swinging by.. Happy Holidays, hugs ~lynne~
I love that tradition.....Wow! That is one HUGE mall.....I don't think I've ever seen one that big....love the sweet Christmas touches around your cottage and your kidlets are adorable!
Christmas hugs,
Spencer
hi fitty!
it is so fun to see decorations where you are. all of the decorations on the first tree are so adorable.
tonight we are having a little snowstorm where i am. so far, so cozy!
happy pink saturday!
xo
elyse
Happy Holidays, Thanks for sharing all your beautiful Holiday Inspiration.
Love your pink bottle brush tree with the rhinestone "star: on the top! Very pretty!!
ps I also lost a follower the other day. Not sure why!! It's weird isn't it??
Happy Pink Saturday!
Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments on my work.
You can get the products I use, email me.
Your photos are stunning, what a wonderful place!
~ Gabriela ~
I just love visiting your part of the world. Thank you so much for posting "Christmas Past". I'll be looking forward to the new pics, too.
Such pretty pinks celebrating the holiday season.
Thank YOU for stopping by my little world, too.
Hi: I am new to your blog and I am so happy to see that you are starting precious traditions for your children. They will love and remember them for years. I wish you God's blessing during this wonderful Christmas Season. Martha
Wow what huge trees!! Our malls are all fairly small so no huge trees here!!
My little posy vase is actually a light!! It has a little bulb at bottom and sits on a little metal base. The wiring was messed up so took it off its base till I can get it fixed. It looks lovely when lit up. I bought this at a thrift store for $3.00 a few months ago and just love it!
blessings
mary
Magnificent trees and memories to match!
Your vignettes are so pretty, Ditty. Love the colors. Precious pictures of the kids!.....Christine
Wonderful holiday pictures, thank you so much for sharing your lovelies! Thank you also for your visit for Pink Saturday.
I enjoyed seeing the large trees in the malls, Fitty. Thanks.
Hello, Fitty,
The decorations look wonderful there where you live. Your children are so beautiful, and they seem to be enjoying the sights and sounds. Your pink rose cottage is pretty as can be all decked out for Christmas. Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday season! Vicki
Thanks for sharing all the wonderful decorations, wow those are some TALL trees in the malls there!
You do have some lovely pink decorations, too! How nice that you continue the tradition of admiring and joining in the festivities, even though you don't celebrate Christmas. It's always fun to experience traditions from different cultures etc. I bet your cute kiddies love it, too.
Thanks for visiting, hope you'll come back soon!
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home
Such a joyful and great photos.
Enjoy the holidays with your family.
Cheers and Regards.
Oh, Fitty... these are some wonderful photos, and that is just about the cutest threesome of children ever! I love all of the vignettes in your beautiful cottage, too. Thank you for sharing these photographs with us.
Happy Pink Saturday! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Dear Fitty, your photos held me in awe. Gorgeous! I love your story of the tradition of visiting all the displays, parades and merriment at Christmas. Your sweet displays in your home are treasures to see.
May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
Love, Jeanne
Great post Fitty. Loved all the holiday photos. Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas to you and yours. xo Lynn
Fitty Hi!! I loved that you dropped by my blog for a visit the other day. I miss the old days where I seemed to have more time to get around to everyone more often. I very very much enjoyed seeing all your lovely photos and reading about your wonderful memories of Christmas when you were young.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful and very MERRY CHRISTMAS. hugs from here to there, Debby
Your sweet little ones are adorable !! It would be hard not to spoil them at Christmas :) Love all of your Pink Treasures and the tree at the mall is HUGE, Wow ! Merry Christmas and a Happy Belated Pink Saturday !!! :)
Post a Comment