Is that a smallest cup or what?

Hi girls! Sorry I was not able to update my blog.. I've been busy with work & home.. my three kiddos are under the weather.. so, I am giving them extra attention.. especially now with swine flu news all over the world.. *sigh* and it scares the shit out of me!.. you just got to take EXTRA of everything!..

NO NO NO worry girls, my kids ARE NOT hit by the swine flu.. GOD Forbid!!! but it won't harm you, to take extra precaution.. like the old saying.. prevention is better that cure!..wash hands all the times with soap if possible.. avoid going to public places if you are really sick..

welp, cut short, this week am going to share with you this smallest cup I got many years ago from a fleamarket trip.. it cost me one buck for this cup..

I found this cup years ago at a friend's flea market booth.. it was sitting on a shelf all alone..

at first I thought it was just like any normal cup.. but once I turned the back of the cup, I saw the above stamping.. Swinnertons, Staffordshire, England.. yipppeee! I hit a jack pot!.. this is a must have buy! hehehehe.. just look at the stamping.. isn't that great or what?? it came with Reg. No too!.. fantastic!
the cup has a posy of flowers on both sides.. and look very cute.. isn't it? and recently I found four bowls with the same pattern.. now.. should I buy or shouldn't.. hehehehehe tough to decide!

oh by the way, can you see a vintage postcard behind the cup in the first picture above.. welp, I got that card from Niki of Nostalgia of the Stone House.. The vintage postcard came with a powder puff I told earlier in my previous post. Scroll down to read the posting..

love the card.. a lot!

just look at the handwriting..



I really love this birthday postcard.. especially the pretty roses, the cursive handwriting, the stamps and the date! 1945! Wow!!! A year before my dad was born!.. 64 years old card!!! gosh!! I'm amazed at how it survive all these while.. and look at the address written.. short and simple.. don't you wish your address is that easy to write and remember.. hehehehe

welp, girls.. time to pen off.. Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday and do stop by at Suzanne's VTT Mr. Linky event.. for more vintage thingies.. Adieu girls!

22 comments:

Amypie71 said...

What a lovely cup, do you use it? I would it's perfect for cups of tea :-)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

The cup is great and so pretty but I really like the card, it is so special.
Molly

kari and kijsa said...

What an amazing cup!! Beautiful and a great find! Love the card too!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Coloradolady said...

What a pretty cup, perfect for a pretty rose. I love your postcard too, the writing is very pretty, and I agree, too bad the addresses are not so simple anymore. Have a great week, friend.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, for a moment I thought the post card had been written by TWO people - - - one the message and the other the address. Then I realized the message came pre-stamped on the card. Rats. I liked my first idea better - - - seemed to rather double the mystery of the card!!!

Marie Reed said...

Hooray that you rescued this lonely and adorable little cup! Perfect for high tea! Happy VTT!

debi said...

What a sweet little cup...so pretty!
I hope your kids get feeling better soon.

jeanne said...

Good morning Fitty, You did hit the jackpot with that cup. All you see these days is 'Made in China' Gross and cheap. I think they make 'some' good things but the stuff you see in the thrift stores is so not good.

Your postcard is a reminder of a different life. Beautiful. I wonder what vintage items our children and grands will think is special???

I hope everyone is better soon. Now, don't you get sick.

Hugs...Jeanne

bj said...

I LOVE your pretty cup and the card is amazing...
Thanks for stopping in to see me this morning.

Sarah said...

What a sweet little cup and lovely postcard. Who could pass that cup up for only a dollar!

LV said...

This is such a neat feature. I enjoyed the story of the little cup. May all of your family feel better soon.

Garden State Kate said...

lovely..great postcard too!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the postcard and the formal way the lady signed the card.

The Raggedy Girl

Donna said...

Great cup and I love the card I am just getting into cards and paper..
get well to the kiddo's

Susan said...

Teacups and postcards together; both are favorites of mine. The cup is a really nice find and to find matching bowls too would make a nice collection.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes; you should buy those bowls. Please buy the bowls. What a lovely pattern.
Postcards amaze me, it's the handwriting. Why is our handwriting even so different now?

Stephanie said...

oh I love the little cup! I think its more special that you found just one :)

Tikimama said...

I love pretty teacups! And isn't it amazing how beautiful people's handwriting was, back when they actually had to write everything!

Virginia said...

That is a very sweet cup!

Happy VTT!

Unknown said...

I love that postcard too. The handwriting, address, postmark, everything!

Miri said...

Pretty, pretty cup! Great post card!

Stephenie said...

That sweet little cup is soooooo pretty!!! I loooove it... Love the cards too...
Stephenie

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.