
Hello happy people! Hows your week so far? I just can't wait for Friday to come, as we gonna have a long weekend.. and thanks to Labour day! hehehehe.. I seriously got to finish up clearing some of the unwanted trees in my small garden.. am cutting down the palm trees and trimming down the huge borgainvilla trees as well.. *sigh* big task you know and long over due! btw this is a scheduled post..
anyway, cut short, so here I am sharing you my vintage thingies thursday stuff.. this is my late great grandmother's vintage soup plate. this one actually was my mom but since she got few of them, she gave me one..

this is made in England by Johnson Brothers ~ pattern named : Irene. It has crown stamp on back rim of the soup plate.. just look at the delicate scroll around the plate.. the plate has millions of small cracks and a chip rim.. but who cares??!! hehehehehe the more cracks it has, the better! I wonder what was the story behind this plate.. no one in my family knows..

then, the next one is another Johnson Brothers ~ pattern name : Paris.. I have two of this pattern in different colours. The green one below and the black one (scroll down) with white tea set.


girls, these are just some of my small collection.. I might add few more if I ever find them.. but as always, these kind of plates are hard to get now a days.. *sigh* you are lucky if you still get them..

so till next post, girls.. don't forget to visit
Suzanne's from Coloradolady for more Vintage Thingies Thursday.. and thanks Suzanne for another fun week! have a good day girls!
30 comments:
Cracked and chipped dishes are the best! I love the look of the stacked china on your shelf.
These are all so pretty! TFS
OH PRETTY PRETTY, love those old dishes, they have so much more charm than new dishes. :)
I love that plate. Chips, cracks...the more the better in my opinion. These are beautiful. I Gasped at the computer over the first one. LOVE.
Now, have you posted about your borgainvilla trees before? Because I would love to see a picture of that...here in Texas we pay a fortune for a small hanging basket!
Have a great long weekend.
The cracks and chips are love spots. It shows they were well loved, and I can see why, they are beautiful.
Happy VTT. and don't work to hard.
Molly
Hello...
Ohhhh my...what treasures!!! I just love your Great-grandmother's soup bowl...love the pretty scalloped edge and the rose pattern is such a pretty color! I also loved seeing the other two dishes...Paris pattern! I have seen so many different patterns made by Johnson Bros...and I have never seen one that I don't like!!! Thank you for sharing your vintage treasures with all of us!!!
Warmest wishes,
Chari
Your dishes have character and I would trade those cracks and chips for the world. I love the edging on the bowl--beautiful.
Ok, it's late and my statement above should read I would NOT trade them for the world. I am off to bed and will have to check out everyone else on Thursday.
Hello Fitty, I'm still making my Pink Sat. visits. Thank you so much for stopping by to see me. I love your post today and all your other posts since I've been here last. You have some pretty pink rose china. Love it all.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
I love the colors in those plates. Lovely!
I just love your vintage postcardy header! It sounds like you'll be a busy bee in your garden this weekend! Sigh.. I really need to get to it too! The little cracks give it even more beauty!
What unusual colored plates, they are still vibrant. Cracks & all they are family treasures.
When you have something from the family, the history is more important than a few or more cracks!
hi k.fitty..
stumbled to ur blog..
hmmmm..what can i say here..
lurve them all!!!
btw..salam perkenalan...
Great bowl, and I especially like the way you have everything displayed.
Pretty plates. You have a nice collection of them. I don't mind cracks or chips either. I think it adds charm.
Great items - and a nice display! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Gorgeous plates! I love the amazing patterns...
Pretty plates...neat that you have one from your Great Grandmother!
What lovely treasures from your ggg. They are soo beautiful and will be passed on down, I'm sure.
thanks for sharing.
I love Johnson Brothers stuff...really like that green one
Your dishes are just gorgeous.. and your display is lovely. Happy VTT, have a wonderful day.
Broke my heart to think you destroyed thet beautiful tree. That is my favorite plant, but never have had one to make a tree.
The dishes are very special. Sounds like you're really ambitious about working in the yard. Cutting down palm trees? Wow.
Happy VTT.
Charlotte
That green one speaks to me. They are all beautiful. Good Luck with that yardwork!
Lovely bowl and plates!
What a beautiful thing to own; your great grandmothers soup bowl! And how gorgeous it is, so delicate and yet apparently held up extremely well.
Thanks for sharing , it's always fun to see what you've got in store!
Love your vintage crockery, I recently bought some in a great bargain and have them on display in my kitchen in a rack hung on my wall :-)
Love that plate--you should hang it on a wall!
Hi, lovely soup plates. A crack or two just says " I'm Vintage"! Ruby
Post a Comment