Happy Thursday girls.. today am gonna share with you, my dad's fave tureen.. this tureen came from my late grandma, dad's mom. She was a very lovely and soft spoken lady.. almost everyone who met her will like her instantly. No doubt about it..This tureen actually was hers. She likes to collect china dishes and had lots and lots of them.. going to her kitchen is like going to a warehouse.. she had top to bottom kitchen cabinets all on four walls, that you need to use ladder just to take some stuff out from it.. hehehehe her collections are to die for.. seriously.. she had few Adderly, Ansley, Johnson Brothers, Noritake, Sun Crown, Royal Albert to name a few..
When grandma passed away 10 years ago, most of the chinaware went to my 14 uncles & aunties and including me :D hehehehe since I am the eldest granddaughter, I was given privilege to have some of them as momentos.. which I had shown you in my previous post.. (please scroll down last week Vintage Thursday post)..
Anyway, long story short, of all the things my grandma had, this tureen is my dad's fave item to remind him of his mom.. I don't really know whats the story behind this pink and white tureen.. but he said this one is special.. maybe it reminded him the good times he had with his mom during meal time.. *maybe, who knows*.. I think I need to dig out the story.. hehehehe
upon hearing that, my parents just smile and said no worry when times come.. :-)
so lovely girls, please hop over to Suzanne's Vintage Thingies Thursday for more wonderful stories.. Thank you for visiting me and have a great day!

30 comments:
That is beautiful, I love vintage serving dishes, I like vintage plates too but serving dishes are sooo cool and you just don't find them around any more. Thanks for sharing.
This is a beautiful tureen, I don't think I have seen that pattern before. I love the colors and the flowers. What a great family treasure. Thanks for stopping by today and sharing such a wonderful family treasure with us.
Very lovely serving dish...
xo bj
Very lovely, no wonder you want it. I love the story and it is great that your dad had an eye for it. I think that makes it so much more special too.
This tureen is gorgeous. I especially love the knob!
Just beautiful and so meaningful.
Such a beautiful reminder of your Grandma, and I know you and your Dad treasure it.
Molly
Such a pretty tureen . I haven't seen this pattern before either.
What a beautiful tureen...and a wonderful memento of your grandmother.
Oh my, more Roses, I should have guessed. It will be yours someday!
That tureen is an awesome treasure!
Surely a treasure, and so lovely! Can't blame you for wanting to keep it for your very own!
I love your tureen. It's nice to have it as a remembrance of your grandma
oh very pretty! It's wonderful that it holds such sentimental value.
it is so pretty and so you! thanks for sharing
What a lovely tureen and even more so with the wonderful memories connected to it!
It is gorgeous! You have given me a new appreciation for pink. You MUST dig the story out of your father, write it down and store it in the tureen.
A beautiful tureen with wonderful memories to go with it. If you don't share desires like that, your parents would think that you don't necessairily want anything so I think it's great that you share your wishes and appreciation! Thanks for dropping by my blog. PAM
Thanks for coming by.
Love you bowl!! Love pinks, and roses, and bowls so what is not to love!!!
Blessings on your day,
Barbara Jean
What a lovely story and beautiful tureen.
That is an exceptional piece! Things with memories attached to them always make me smile.
Stephanie
Is it from Japan? or England?
very pretty- charmingly modern too!
I love this! Thanks for letting me take a peak at it, I haven't ever seen anything like it before.
paula from Idaho
absolutely beautiful. I love it. So nice to have family treasures isn't it?
So pretty! I love the knob on top--haven't see that pattern before though!
The tureen is lovely. It would go on a table with any setting. You're very lucky to have something so special. You're Grandmother is probably very happy.
What a pretty tureen - I especially admire the details in the flowers. :)
that is truly a thing of beauty..i can see why it's a favourite :)
Sometimes a piece is simply jst so sweet and this is one of those pieces! ~Kelly
unDeniably Domestic
This is gorgeous, anything china
with roses is surely coveted by
me. It is a neat shape with the
gold trim top!
Post a Comment