I hope its not to late to join Jan from Jan & Tom's Place for her Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap.. :D Don't you just love Xmas.. so many sweet delicious yummy food to eat!.. hehehehe
Ingredients :
2 eggs, separated
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
3 cups (270g) coconut
Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
Beat in yolks, 1 at a time.
Gradually beat in sugar, beat until dissolved between additions.
Stir in coconut.
Spoon level tablespoons of mixture about 3 cm apart on baking paper covered oven trays, shape into rounds on trays
Bake moderately slow oven about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on trays
Makes about 30
a lil update : to some of you who didn't know what is castor / caster sugar is,
Castor or caster sugar is the name of a very fine sugar in Britain, so named because the grains are small enough to fit though a sugar "caster" or sprinkler. It is sold as "superfine" sugar in the United States.
Because of its fineness, it dissolves more quickly than regular white sugar, and so is especially useful in meringues and cold liquids. It is not as fine as confectioner’s sugar, which has been crushed mechanically (and generally mixed with a little starch to keep it from clumping).
If you don’t have any castor sugar on hand, you can make your own by grinding granulated sugar for a couple of minutes in a food processor (this also produces sugar dust, so let it settle for a few moments before opening the food processor). You can also purchase castor sugar online.

3 comments:
Macaroons are my all time favorite. This is my favorite version, too. I think that Martha Stewart uses this recipe. I recall using this recipe or one similar to this from her cookie magazine a few years back. I made them for a work potluck party and now I am obligated to bring them to every potluck! ~ Robyn
Fitty, what is caster sugar? Never heard of it, sweetpea. Now, I love coconut cookies. One of my favorite but coconut pie is my favorite pie. I'm painting my living room, kitchen and dining area "PINKKKK"!!! Come and see it tomorrow. I've got pix of the painting coming along, honey. I know YOU'LL love it, pink chickee! LOL
Smooches,
Connie
Macaroons are my favorite and I'm always looking for a new recipe to try! Merry Christmas...Kathy
Post a Comment