my TRASH or was it my TREASURE..


Sunday Show & Tell come again and this is another fun theme where we are to share our trashy, chippy ugly duckling trash and turn them into beautiful gem.. and Analise of Sugar Sugar is hosting the party..

like an old saying.. one man's trash, is another man's treasure.. and my house is full of them.. and I don't mind a bit.. and because of them, my house looks different from other homes that I know off.. and of course mom likes to tell everyone that I am a JUNKIE.. and she always wonder where would I put all the junk I brought home.. coz mom said my house is ALREADY FULL! AND ITS LIKE A SHOP!!.. hehehehehe...

well, that is me.. I like old stuff.. hardly like the glittering, gleaming of new furniture.. and so let me share you some of my trashy stuff in the house starting from this console table.. it actually came all the way from the US Embassy in our Country. It has Drexel Heritage stamp on it. The table came in sets i.e. 2 drawers cabinet, sideboard, this console table and a writing table. We (me & my aussie aunt) happen to visit my friend's shop in TTDI who sells 2nd hand furniture and we were lucky to find these set just got in.

How I wish I would have the money at that time, but still was happy when my aunt decided to take all 3 of them except the writing desk. Karen, my friend wanted it for her home. So off my aunt came home with these 3 furniture.. but that wasn't long when my uncle had to work in Aussie and my aunt & family got to follow him. So that is when, my aunt decided to sell some of her furniture and she offered me this console table.. and without thinking twice, I said yes, before another aunt grabbed it!.. and yipppeee the table now is mine and won't go anywhere but to stay at my house.. (thank you aunt karmina!)

I also have some old books I bought from flea market and my late grandma's house.. and next is this stool. It came from another antique shop. I bought it for ten bucks. Made from old teak wood.. used to be a Kopitiam stool.. love this.. Do you think I should paint it?

and this red stool another treasure. I got it from another friend's shop in TTDI. Bought it for 5 bucks.. I love the colour.. RED..

and this club chair was actually came from a hotel in Singapore. I remember when I first bought it. It was covered in a very yellowish colour material and look very dirty.. I bought this for 15 bucks.. and asked my friend upholstered it with this stripe fabric.. now it sits in my daughter's room.. I love this chair.. not so big, and not so small and still comfy.. my daughter likes to sit here and read books..
this table lamp in green chinories pattern came also from a hotel in Singapore. some 5 star hotel. I got this from a relative's shop. The couple opened up a 2nd hand shop and I was one of their very first customer. I bought a lot of stuff from them.. like this green table lamp. It came with white plastic shade and so I asked my friend to make a new shade for me.. of course in pink.. hehehe
I also bought from them an ottoman.. for a song! It came in drab greyish fabric but had it upholstered in checked green.. love that one.. still look good and very sturdy..

and this china cabinet below, very retro.. another vintage find.. age about 50 plus years old.. one of the very first furniture I bought after I got married..

this woody leg footstool another trashy find from a flea market shop.. it came in very orangy fabric and made the slipcover.. now looks pretty..

oh not forgetting my china.. some came from flea market and eBay.. some are hard to find..

these are just some of my copper collection.. a trophy I bought for 4 bucks, a candle stick and a small vase.. all look very rusty.. sorry for that.. hehehehe.. as I like it as is.. :D

last and of course not least.. the old suitcases..


Welp.. I do hope you enjoy the pictures.. these are just some of them.. I got lot more actually.. but since my house is in a mess.. I dare not to show you!.. actually another spring cleaning is going on in my household!.. hehehehe

Thank you Analise for another awesome show & tell week.. and till another Sunday.. adieu!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the table and your daughters chair and your lamp is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

That pink and white chair is adorable! Love your china cabinet too!

Karen at Ciderantiques

Alisa Noble said...

Wow, you have tons of wonderful treasures!
Alisa

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Wow... great pics!! The comfy chair looks lovely! But your other "trash" is pretty too!

Anonymous said...

Your house is lovely - though I understand about the spring cleaning; I have a lot of that to do myself! Thanks for sharing your treasures; they are lovely.

Margo said...

Great treasures! Thanks for sharing!
Margo

ABOUT ME said...

I love the pink and white chair and the red stool. So cute! We love our trash don't we. Happy Sunday! Di

Barbara said...

SO much fun to see your collections! Your china cabinet is wonderful, and so is the china.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Wow, such great finds! I almost missed the cute pink suitcase! Anything pink just has to be cute!

Jeanie said...

I especially love the suitcases! Thanks for inviting us in!

Anonymous said...

*giggles* Loved your Show N Tell blogs... it's fun to see what you have collected so far! Like I said "WOW" nice collection you have! Yes! Paint that stool for WHITE! Then decoupage some roses on the seat... *grinning*

Copyright

I would appreciate if you do not use any of my images or text without my permission.
Thank you ~ Fitty

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.